Whole30 Kuwait

Gonzosan

Well today at lunch it was a bit of a temptation, but I prevailed. Our First Shirt (leadership) decided to have a "pow wow" with all the supervisors in the squadron today at lunch. He bought pizza for everyone, and plenty of it. I felt a little out of place not grabbing some, but at least it wasn't too awkward other than some comments saying I was vegan or vegeterian (jokingly). The Shirt let me go grab something from the chow hall and I had some chicken fajitas with shredded lettuc and tomatoes and some salsa to top it off. Also included a couple plums and water to drink. I'm glad I didn't cave in, and I can add this to another experience I can deal with in the future having done it now. :)

I believe this is day 9, I'm starting to forget when I started this. None the less, woke up feeling pretty awesome. It also helped that my roommate didn't have his alarm go off at 0530 today so I actually got to sleep till 0600, which then I switch my alarm clock till 0700 since I didn't have to be at work till 8 today. I don't know what the difference is, other than that my food variety yesterday was much better and had more "nutrition" than just say eating chicken. I also had a couple servings of pistachios, which probably definitely helped as well. So If that really is the cause, then I need to focus on keeping variety (fruits and veggies) in all my meals.

Gonzosan - I think you on on track with your thinking about the variety and making sure you get that when you can (although I know sometimes it may be tough for you there). Also, making sure you are eating plenty of the veggies that you DO have available for each of your meals. All my best to you - great job!!

Well another day, although I have to be careful. I'm slowly creeping up on that line of compliant and non-compliant. Still though, more than anything this is a learning experience for me so that's the whole concept for me. I think even now, if I cheated I would still revert back to eating this way. I just feel "cleaner" this way, and don't have that constant "you're not eating well" feeling.

Stay strong still! You will be glad you did, and the one small creep in cheat could possibly result to more other small justifications. Just sayin... I have had some VERY strong sugar cravings lately that are making me crazy. :) I am still 100% compliant, but geez it is hard sometimes!

Well I decided to cheat today, just want to start over on Monday. I actually found it to be easier than I thought it would be, but just wanted to try something different today. I'd still like to get one full whole30 in just to see how it effects me. I find it easier to get back into it now that I've done it for this long.

I must say, even though my cheat wasn't over the top, I can feel my body getting this increased sense of "cold sweats". Like my body is stress or when you get really scared and you get these cold chills. Maybe it's just me, but it feels noticeable. Can't say I like it, it definitely feels like my body is being "attacked".

So I woke up this morning feeling pretty bad, I slept well but my stomach had that "bubble guts" feeling. The kind of feeling that sticks around for a few hours but doesn't really go away just gets slightly less irratating. I hate that feeling, and it was nice to get back into my whole30 eating ways. So today is day one again. I want to prove that I can do this, regardless of what happens. I know I have the will to do it, not sure why I cheated to be honest. I wasn't tempted, I guess I just wanted something different from my dried chicken that I was having too much of. It'll be easier this time, since I know what to expect. I suppose these past 11 days were a experiment to see what I can and can't have and what will effect me the most. I'll continue to experiment, and see if I can stretch this one out for a while. Other than a few meals here and there (after my whole30) I honestly don't think I'd need to cheat. We have a pizza place and Subway, which doesn't exactly temp me.

The thing I ate last night was a waffle with strawberry "jelly/syrup" and whipped cream, with eggs and bacon. It was "fresh waffles" day and I really wanted to try them, especially since they weren't serving anything else but fried chicken and spaghetti with meatballs. So that's it, not making excuses just really wanted to try some waffles. It was good, but I can hold off for 30 days from having them, especially since I'll still have 4 months left to enjoy a few of them here and there. I'll probably take a few pictures of my face and general body, along with my starting weight to see how much it actually effects me. Won't be taking any measurements during the whole 30 though.

So anyways, this morning some more KB workouts, decided to up my weight to 53lbs for KB swings (only did maybe 30 of them today). I mostly worked on snatches with the 18lb KB the whole time. I also tried it a few times with the 35lb one, but I could only get to 5-8 per arm before my form started getting bad and the KB was hitting my forearm. I'm slowly getting stronger though, and I'm able to get more good form snatches with each try. I actually really enjoy doing them now, although I know swings probably help me more overall.

Archived