Starting out and getting support

Hi!  I just learned about this program 2 days ago and I have been reading and watching videos like crazy and the more I learn the more impressed I am.  I am very over weight and I'm currently doing the Military Diet with my co-workers but I don't like starving and there isn't much structure to it.  I plan to start September 1st 2017.  It is a 30 day month and I want to make sure I have my research in place and I know what to expect.  I'm a major sugar addict and I live in a state of high stress.  I am mostly watching YouTube videos but I will start reading the book tomorrow.  I am excited to see where this takes me and I am really hoping I can talk my husband and roommate into doing this with me.  Anyways...Hi!  And I will hopefully be a regular in the forums!

GettingHealthyHeather

Hello Heather, I started my first Whole30 (planning on going for 60) on July 17.  Then I discovered I missed a banned ingredient in a couple of items that I used ALOT.  So I started over from Day 1 on July 31.  My advice would be - 1) Get a magnifying glass and read every ingredient list.  I keep one in my purse and take it to the grocery store with me, I don't care if I get any odd looks at this point.  2) Keep it simple.  Take meals you normally make and tweek them so they are compliant. Once you are comfortable with the template layout, then start branching out with new recipes and new veggies.  3) Don't forget the fat at every meal.  Sauces and salad dressing, clarified butter or ghee added to the plate, olives...they all count as your fat - not the fat it was cooked in.

My companion isn't doing a Whole30 with me, but I'm only cooking one breakfast and one dinner.  Lunch he's on his own.  He likes the food so there's no problem there.  Except when it comes to potatoes, I like sweet potatoes he likes white.

And be prepared to eat.  OMG I can't believe how much food we have to eat.  It sounds like this will be totally opposite from the diet you are doing now.

Good luck in your prep work.

On 7/30/2017 at 9:55 PM, GettingHealthyHeather said:

Hi!  I just learned about this program 2 days ago and I have been reading and watching videos like crazy and the more I learn the more impressed I am.  I am very over weight and I'm currently doing the Military Diet with my co-workers but I don't like starving and there isn't much structure to it.

Hey! Welcome, and congrats on making such a powerful decision to benefit your health and your future. Immerse yourself in this experience and you will reap rewards you never expected. I want to assure you that you should never feel hungry on Whole30, in fact, it's the total opposite, which is counter-intuitive at first. I've never felt more satiated by food than I do when I follow the W30 meal template.

@pearlgirl2017, great suggestion to keep a magnifying glass in your purse! Rock on. 

Archived