Day 21 - Stuffy Nose & Sneezing

I am 21 days into the Whole 30.  I am still waking up every morning with a stuffy nose and then sneezing throughout the day. In the past when doing detox type diets these symptoms have gone away and I have felt better by week 2.  This is not the case with the whole 30.  I have even tried eliminating eggs to see if that would make a a difference and it's still not working.  Could there be something on the approved list that is keeping these symptoms going? I was gluten free prior to this, have eliminated all dairy including ghee because I thought that was the problem.  Not feeling very energetic or better like I did with the 3 week detox diets.  Just as a side note, I am on medication for a hypothyroid and lexpro for anxiety.  Was not on those medications during my detox diets.  I have looked at the medications and it doesn't look like there are any non-compliant ingredients.

• Administrators
5 hours ago, jagattorna said:

I am 21 days into the Whole 30.  I am still waking up every morning with a stuffy nose and then sneezing throughout the day. In the past when doing detox type diets these symptoms have gone away and I have felt better by week 2.  This is not the case with the whole 30.  I have even tried eliminating eggs to see if that would make a a difference and it's still not working.  Could there be something on the approved list that is keeping these symptoms going? I was gluten free prior to this, have eliminated all dairy including ghee because I thought that was the problem.  Not feeling very energetic or better like I did with the 3 week detox diets.  Just as a side note, I am on medication for a hypothyroid and lexpro for anxiety.  Was not on those medications during my detox diets.  I have looked at the medications and it doesn't look like there are any non-compliant ingredients.

Hard to say if a particular meat, vegetable or fat causes you a specific issue. It really would be a process of elimination. Start with things you have been eating a lot of that you didn't eat previously or something that you are just eating a lot of overall.  

There are lots of people that have personal restrictions because although an item is listed as approved, they cannot tolerate it. (nut allergies, onion/garlic issues etc).

You could also look at the things that your previous "detox diets" didn't permit but which Whole30 does. Examples would be fruits, certain veggies etc. And remember, Whole30 is NOT a detox diet, it's a food elimination plan designed to give you a foundation to determine how foods affect your energy, health and habits.

I have a similiar problem on day 21 also and was hoping to have no sinus issues or coughing. I also have itchy skin. She told me to look at histamine foods for the itching. What detox diet did you go on?  I'd like to do that after Whole30. I don't have much energy either. Hoping it gets better soon. I also take Lexapro. Let me know what helps. I'm at a loss. I'm taking out coconut next to see if it helps and maybe trying the histamine diet Whole30 has.

Archived