Hi everyone, just beginning my whole30 journey. I am interested in improving my hormonal balance. At age 40, I was shocked to learn that my estrogen levels are almost absent and that my FSH is through the roof. I had no idea that I had any issues with fertility, and I have a 4 year old that I conceived without any interventions needed. The dr I saw was very sympathetic but made it clear that if I am going to have another kid, at this point it's looking like I won't be able to use my own eggs.

She did say that her office is encouraging people to go gluten and dairy free, and that it was worth a try for me. I started to research that, which led me to whole30. I read "It Starts With Food" and wow a lot of the symptoms really do apply to me.

I'm hoping that someone out there has had experience with whole30 improving their hormone levels. I really don't want to believe that I am in menopause already. I'm motivated to do whole30 for my own health so I can be here fully for the child I do have, but I'd love to have some glimmer of hope that it might improve my secondary ifertility as well.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Lisamommy said:

Hi everyone, just beginning my whole30 journey. I am interested in improving my hormonal balance. At age 40, I was shocked to learn that my estrogen levels are almost absent and that my FSH is through the roof. I had no idea that I had any issues with fertility, and I have a 4 year old that I conceived without any interventions needed. The dr I saw was very sympathetic but made it clear that if I am going to have another kid, at this point it's looking like I won't be able to use my own eggs.

She did say that her office is encouraging people to go gluten and dairy free, and that it was worth a try for me. I started to research that, which led me to whole30. I read "It Starts With Food" and wow a lot of the symptoms really do apply to me.

I'm hoping that someone out there has had experience with whole30 improving their hormone levels. I really don't want to believe that I am in menopause already. I'm motivated to do whole30 for my own health so I can be here fully for the child I do have, but I'd love to have some glimmer of hope that it might improve my secondary ifertility as well.

Go ahead and take a look around the forum in the 'pregnant and breastfeeding' section as well as the 'ladies only' section... there is plenty of anecdotal evidence that suggests that the way this program works to balance hormones can be effective in helping people conceive.  Please note tho that it is not guarenteed and this program is not a magic cure for infertility.

Good luck!

Archived