Starting 8/1, would love a buddy!

meerkat

Hi everyone! I'm new to this board, though I've done one W30 before, November of 2015. I did it with some IRL friends that time, but this time am going it alone and would *love* an accountability buddy. Full disclosure (TW) Whole 30 is the only sort of diet program I've been able to do without slipping into ED habits, and I'm really committed to coming at this with a healthy mindset and focusing on feeling good, not numbers. So I would love to connect with some people who are sensitive to that!! Excited to get started again! 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you want another newbie - here I am.  Day 3 of the 30 and it has been pretty easy...well except for that headache last night.  Sugar is a powerful drug.  Already having more energy and excitement for true change.

Let's do this - wait that's someone else's slogan.  Yes We Can...hmmm you can see I'm not original but I am committed.  Here's to a great Tuesday.

Can I join you guys?  I have done two or three W30's in the past which were always worthwhile.  But in the last few years, I've fallen back into my old habits and am feeling it in more ways then one.  I'm hoping that joining the forum will help keep me accountable and motivated.

I'm a newbie too. Today is day 1 for me. I tried to do my own version of w30 earlier this year but without really prepping or having accountability. I lasted 2 weeks and then went on a major food binge. I am hoping that if I have support and accounability and follow the real program (not just ad hoc) that I can do this. Meerkat, I have not really had an ED, but this past spring I found myself slipping into that kind of mental relationship with food. So I am definitely sensitive to those struggles. I want to do this to gain a healthy balance with food and to slay the sugar addiction I have. We can do this!

Hello! I'd love to join this thread...I actually plan to start tomorrow -- I signed up for the newsletter and it won't let me pick today as a starting point :) I did the my first Whole30 back in 2015 when we were trying to get pregnant and NOW, I've had the baby and want to get back on track but need accountability partners! We got this!!!

It's my day 1 also! I am kind of scared, but also excited. We meal prepped 16 meals for the month (freezer prepped) and will just switch between them or do simple grilling in between. Hopefully by being prepared we will not cheat or stop midway through the month!

Day 2.  How are you feeling?

I'm tired (lack of sleep for a few days catching up with me), not hungry at all, but could mindlessly eat something - so I'm downing water and keeping busy.

Hang in there! It will get easy really fast!

Hola! Today is my day 1 --- I'm subscribed to those dailies and love them! Does anyone else get those? I used them during my first W30 and they were great...they tell you what to expect, how to overcome obstacles and give you recipe/meal ideas. I'm hoping this first week of withdrawals goes by quickly...I have an awful head cold and have no desire to eat crap because I can't taste anything :) But, I'm tired and everyone at work brings in so much junk food, it's hard to get away from!

Hope everyone else is doing good and just remember, to KEEP ON SWIMMING!

How are y'all doing? I feel deceptively OK for now...I had been eating *pretty* healthily in the week leading up to this, so maybe that's why. Definitely battling snacking cravings and the stupid voice in my head that says because I haven't seen results in 1.2 days I should give up...but mood/appetite wise, so far so good! 

Today at work we have a team lunch at a really nice restaurant...that'll be a challenge for sure. 

I spent too much time in the grocery store, trying to find compliant food. Why must they add crap to even supposedly "healthy" options?? Even finding decent nuts and seeds were a challenge. (Especially without my glasses lol)  Day 2, I am not hungry in the least. That scares me because I may not eat enough. Should we still eat if we aren't hungry? Not sure how the science of that works. Anyone?

1 minute ago, Lisa Rangel said:

Should we still eat if we aren't hungry? Not sure how the science of that works. Anyone?

@Lisa RangelIt's my understanding you are still supposed to eat when you're not feeling like it or not that hungry. If you don't, you're going to risk getting more hungry later on and going off track. Also, we're not supposed to be snacking...just 3 meals a day. So, even if it's not much, just be sure to get some compliant options in your belly. I'm sure a moderator may have more tips and tricks with this question too!

1 hour ago, mcki0133 said:

@Lisa RangelIt's my understanding you are still supposed to eat when you're not feeling like it or not that hungry. If you don't, you're going to risk getting more hungry later on and going off track. Also, we're not supposed to be snacking...just 3 meals a day. So, even if it's not much, just be sure to get some compliant options in your belly. I'm sure a moderator may have more tips and tricks with this question too!

I was kind of thinking that. I made myself eat a small salad with topped with chicken and a hard boiled egg. I never knew how much I would enjoy just oil/vinegar dressing with a couple drops of lime essential oil. My head always knew what was healthy to eat and now that I've challenged myself to do this for at least 30 days, I'm actually happy with what I've eaten so far. 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Lisa Rangel said:

I spent too much time in the grocery store, trying to find compliant food. Why must they add crap to even supposedly "healthy" options?? Even finding decent nuts and seeds were a challenge. (Especially without my glasses lol)  Day 2, I am not hungry in the least. That scares me because I may not eat enough. Should we still eat if we aren't hungry? Not sure how the science of that works. Anyone?

It's often the case that when people start out, they have unreliable hunger and satiety signals, which is why we suggest that people eat three template meals a day spaced 4-5 hours apart.  The template minimums are the MINIMUM an adult human should eat in a day so yes, you should be eating at regular intervals.  While you're getting up to speed, it's possible you will need to eat between meals, but make that protein and fat and then increase all subsequent meals until you can do three meals a day with no snacking.

Definitely experiencing this lack of hunger today, too. Went out to lunch with my team at work and thought I'd be DYING looking at them eating bread and dairy-y appetizers while I just waited for my fish entree to arrive...but I was barely hungry at all! Bizarre. Skipping out on dessert was a massive challenge, though. The sugar dragon is soooo real.

Hi everyone, I also have the same start date as you all. Aug 1st was my day 1. Well, actually should have been my day 8. But.....on day 7, I accidentally ate a cough drop without thinking. So, I had to sadly start over. I would love to have some support. I have eaten a paleo style before, so this is not brand new to me. However, the specific rules of Whole 30 are new to me. I am not really having any troubles so far, and I feel really committed. However, I do fight some cravings, and some headaches. I have not been able to kick caffeine yet, but I would like to try. Black coffee is still my friend, which is luckily ok on Whole 30! I hope to fins support in this forum. Good luck to everyone!!!!

How is this only DAY 3?!  Does anyone else feel totally exhausted right now and in denial that we've only been doing this for 2 full days?!  I have a headache.  I hate my coffee without my Coffeemate French Vanilla Creamer.  Today I'm trying my coffee with coconut/almond milk...iced.  Not impressed.  I swear I woke up with a one-way ticket to Crankyville!!!!  <_<

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, Virgomom said:

How is this only DAY 3?!  Does anyone else feel totally exhausted right now and in denial that we've only been doing this for 2 full days?!  I have a headache.  I hate my coffee without my Coffeemate French Vanilla Creamer.  Today I'm trying my coffee with coconut/almond milk...iced.  Not impressed.  I swear I woke up with a one-way ticket to Crankyville!!!!  <_<

Coffee troubles are the worst :(  Sorry that your iced coffee didn't do it for you... Your tastebudds will change and it'll be so good, I promise... in the meantime, try brewing with cinammon or pumpkin spice blend for a nice flavored coffee... I also posted in the food and drinks forum about my method of Cold Brew which is a completely different experience than iced coffee that you brew hot and pour over ice... might work for you... go read it now but if you're too cranky, come back and read it again later ;)

Are you eating to the template? Fat at every meal? Salting your food and drinking half your weight in oz of water a day?  All those will help with the crankies.

Archived