Starting 8/1, would love a buddy!

meerkat

Lunarose -- You sound a lot like me in terms of what has happened to you so far -- first 2 weeks rough but much improved now.  And yes, we are enjoying the meals.  I am surprised to find it is already Day 21 and I haven't had any problems with cravings or keeping a lid on my appetite.  Same for my husband.  I would like to feel some weight loss -- I have no idea, so it will be interesting to check when we are finished with the 30 days.  My husband looks quite different, so I would like also some outward improvements.  My skin and hair were already pretty good, so I haven't noticed any particular difference even with that.  We shall see.

I liked the Whole30 Daily email from yesterday, Day 20, about body shaming and all.  As a rule, I do enjoy the daily emails, although it seems like some are "out-dated" and could use some review and updating.  For example, lots of dead links in them or old info from 5 or 6 years ago.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/31/2017 at 3:37 PM, meerkat said:

Hi everyone! I'm new to this board, though I've done one W30 before, November of 2015. I did it with some IRL friends that time, but this time am going it alone and would *love* an accountability buddy. Full disclosure (TW) Whole 30 is the only sort of diet program I've been able to do without slipping into ED habits, and I'm really committed to coming at this with a healthy mindset and focusing on feeling good, not numbers. So I would love to connect with some people who are sensitive to that!! Excited to get started again! 

So how did we all do since it's officially over? I lost 9.6 pounds which is great. I was never suffering from cravings or hunger. My problem was eating enough! I probably ate too many nuts and homemade dehydrated fruit but I never felt deprived. I was able to ditch the nut butter crutch early on. I will definitely be keeping on plan as much as possible though I have a fun trip coming up. Let's see how that works out! 

• Moderators

Congrats to all who finished!  In advance of the reintroduction posts that will start rolling in, on behalf of the mod team, if you guys would like to stick together to do reintros and discuss your plans for food freedom, feel free to make a thread in the Life After Whole30 section and then you can hang out there together.  We try and keep the main boards free of off plan items so new people just coming along who start reading at the last page aren't super confused by the chips, cookies, crackers etc... that are part of the reintros :) 

Congrats again, you did a not so simple thing!  You all rock!

Archived