Coconut milk left over--now what?

Alana in Canada

I feel kind of stupid for asking this question, but I have most of a can of coconut milk left over from making something with it last night and I don't have a clue what to do with it.

I also bought a coconut last week--and I don't know what to do with it, either.

Any suggestions? Links to whole30 compliant recipes?

Thanks.

You can use it in your coffee or other meals. Pour it into another container (to get it out of the metal can) and stick it in your fridge. Tons of recipes for it on this site. As far as your coconut, you can grate the meat and sprinkle it on any foods as a healthy fat (plus delish) or just eat the meat.

I love using coconut milk to make creamed kale. I just simmer some nice lacinato kale in a covered skillet in home made chicken stock and coconut milk, and toss in a few garlic cloves. Season with salt, black pepper, a pinch of crushed red pepper and a splash of vinegar (white wine vinegar or cider vinegar are my favorites).

When the kale is close to the texture you enjoy, uncover the skillet and let the sauce reduce a bit. Add an additional splash of vinegar just before serving.

Serve the creamed kale over a perfectly grilled, piping hot steak alongside a cool, crisp salad...ok, I'm making myself drool! Have fun!

Archived