meerkat's whole 30 log

meerkat

Day 1! Excited to get this going. Started the morning off with a banana and coffee before a three mile run; then ate a coconut milk-raspberry-chia seed pudding I'd prepped over the weekend. I've got a sweet potato with chicken, red peppers, and zucchini in a hot sauce/coconut milk sauce for lunch today, as well as an apple and some almonds in case that's not enough. Eating dinner out, but at a restaurant that is super healthy and where it should be very easy to stay compliant. Stay tuned for more! :)

Wound up having grilled salmon over greens for dinner, with lemon. Delicious! Snacked a tiny bit after—a couple dried apricots and a clementine—which was definitely the sugar dragon acting up/my being used to snacking at night...but I'm hopeful I'll wean off of that soon. 

Started today off with two scrambled eggs and coffee before the gym; then another chia pudding post gym, plus a handful of almonds (I was still hungry!). Today I'm having a team lunch at work out at a really nice restaurant, which will definitely be a challenge. Then for dinner I've got salad with chicken, turkey bacon, tomatoes, cucumber, and a coconut milk - hot sauce dressing. Plus an apple to eat at some point during the day if I get ravenous. Wish me luck at lunch!!

Okay, day 3! Still feeling pretty good, which is honestly weird—last time I did a Whole 30 I was feeling TERRIBLE at this point. But I guess I wasn't eating so terribly in the days leading up, so maybe that has something to do with it? I mean, I definitely ate a quesadilla AND ramen two days before starting, but nothing super sugary. 

Anyway, today I had eggs for breakfast, with some black coffee. Lunch is another sweet potato topped with chicken, zucchini, and red peppers in a sort of coconut milk curry (the recipe said it was for buffalo dressing but it really just tastes like Thai red curry! So I've decided that's what it is). I've got a banana and some nuts as a pre-gym snack (I know, I know, that's not 100% what's recommended pre-workout, but honestly right now I am too darn busy to prep ANOTHER meat-y snack to bring to work for before the gym...I will work on this next week!). And dinner will be salad with chicken, turkey bacon, cucumbers, tomatoes, and a coconut milk dressing. Doing a ton of meal prep at the beginning of the week definitely is helping a ton...I barely have to think about it! 

On to day 4! Had a raspberry chia pudding for breakfast, and I have a big paleo cobb salad packed for lunch—avocado, chicken, turkey bacon, cucumbers, and tomatoes in a buffalo coconut milk dressing. Also have an apple packed for lunch. Dinner will probably be sweet potato leftovers with some eggs. 

Archived