Mom of two little ones starting first Whole30 on August 7th!

Ashley T

Hello!

My name is Ashley and I'm starting my very first Whole30 on August 7th! I have been wanting to do this for many months, but just couldn't quite make it happen with a newborn and toddler. My kids are now two years old and one year old so I feel better equipped to take on the Whole30 now that the baby is a little older. But still, they are very young and that adds a whole new level of difficulty to staying on top of things and seeing this through but I'm ready to finally do something for myself and make my own health a priority! For the past 3.5 years, I've been either pregnant or breastfeeding or both at the same time. During this time I developed the mindset that I can just eat whatever I want because I need the extra calories, but I haven't been choosing healthy calories. I'm talking like Oreo and cupcake calories on an almost daily basis. So as a result, I have a severe sugar addiction. I've also ALWAYS had severe bloating issues, even before I had kids but I've never known what foods may be causing this. So those are the main issues I hope to address with my Whole30, but I'm excited to experience many other non-scale victories through this program! I would love to have a support group, especially one that includes other young moms because this season of life comes with so many specific challenges which will, of course, make a Whole30 extra challenging!

xoxo

Ashley T

Glad to see you are starting soon! Good luck on your mission...my mission started yesterday. My little guys are not as little as yours (I have a 5 year old and a 9 year old), but I am sure our journey's will be similar. My main goal is to gain the energy back that I have been missing for a long time and to help our family become less addicted to sugar! Looking forward to when it becomes second nature!!!

Archived