Birthday Help

kerryn

Hi All, 

I started my whole 30 journey on the 30th of July and am feeling great so far. I have a problem, today is my birthday and my friend very kindly invited me over for dinner. She knows i am doing the whole 30, but doesnt know much about it. She just called this morning and to wish me a happy birthday and mentioned she didnt have time to cook so her partner is picking up a party size pizza for dinner and cake. She said she thought it would be lovely and this way we get to spend time together instead of cooking. I offered to bring a cooked chicken as well but she refused saying it was my birthday and she didnt want me to bring a thing and she has orderd more than enough food.  I didnt feel like saying I cant eat pizza as its so nice of her to have me over in the first place, and think that would be quite rude. 

WHAT DO I DO? Do i start the whole 30 again tomorrow or just keep going. I really don't want to eat pizza tonight as im feeling so good on the diet im on so far. Any advice would be appreciated. If you press the i slipped up button, does it get rid of my meal plans for this week as i have all my shopping done. 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, kerryn said:

Hi All, 

I started my whole 30 journey on the 30th of July and am feeling great so far. I have a problem, today is my birthday and my friend very kindly invited me over for dinner. She knows i am doing the whole 30, but doesnt know much about it. She just called this morning and to wish me a happy birthday and mentioned she didnt have time to cook so her partner is picking up a party size pizza for dinner and cake. She said she thought it would be lovely and this way we get to spend time together instead of cooking. I offered to bring a cooked chicken as well but she refused saying it was my birthday and she didnt want me to bring a thing and she has orderd more than enough food.  I didnt feel like saying I cant eat pizza as its so nice of her to have me over in the first place, and think that would be quite rude. 

WHAT DO I DO? Do i start the whole 30 again tomorrow or just keep going. I really don't want to eat pizza tonight as im feeling so good on the diet im on so far. Any advice would be appreciated. If you press the i slipped up button, does it get rid of my meal plans for this week as i have all my shopping done. 

It IS nice of your friend to be considerate and want to honor you for your birthday... if she thought the best way to do that was to strap you naked into a parachute and shove you out of a plane, would you let her do that?  NO?  Weird... LOL!  But seriously... eat before you go, tell her you so appreciate what she did and that you're really committed to this program and you feel AMAZING... be honest... there's no better time to be honest about what is important to you than your BIRTHDAY!  Say thank you, give her a great big hug and kiss and then move on with the fun!  Do NOT give in to pizza... pssshhh.... pizza isn't even a special thing... stand up for your bad self!

Archived