Restarting Whole30 on Monday 11/12

indigo73

I made it until day 28 on my first try before Sandy hit and had to switch to pantry food. I am very proud of myself and looking forward to this go around. My biggest concern is dealing with family obligations on Thanksgiving...

I am also giving thought to the autoimmune protocol... giving up nuts and eggs will be tough. The peppers and pepper based spices (mainly nutmeg, chili & curry) too but not as much as the nuts and eggs which were definitely consumed a lot during my first attempt.

Thinking about going 60 days this time too because I got sick (chronic sinus infections thus the protocol) and want to see if I need more time to heal my gut and immunity stuff.

You should be proud. 28 days is great. I really hope Sandy didn't affect you too much. It looked horrendous. Well done on starting over. I've just finished 60 days, I can't believe how quickly it flew in. I think I really needed the 60 days to feel the habits were well established. I've toyed with trying the AI protocol but haven't committed to it yet. Let us know how you get on

28 days is very, very good! You should be proud of yourself.

Keep well, keep dry and keep warm. I happy to hear that you made it through Sandy okay. We only got a whole lot of rain in Canada, nothing compared to the devastation that hit NJ, NY and surrounding areas.

I am very proud of my 28 days, considering my bad habits between working and going to school full time = eating on the run. The money I saved on not buying fast food = awesome.

Takes planning and I liked the meal planning and even the creativity to feed the non-Whole30ers in the household while keeping myself on the straight and narrow.

Only lost power and a few branches... so we were very lucky. We have friends who are still dealing with the aftermath.

I think AIP is going to be a tough but fun adventure, it is about new habits for me. I now know if I can do a regular Whole28, so I am sure I can do a Whole60 + AIP.

Oh and I lost 14 pounds in those 4 weeks without regular exercise because of the illnesses... imagine working out regularly over the 60 days? It's all about building new habits.

Ordered a harvest box (sort of like a weekly CSA share) from my local farm delivery coop and I think that is going make things even more fun. w00t!

Wow! 28 days! That's awesome....I'm on day 8 and starting to feel the good effects, although the cravings and slight crankiness is still lingering on. I'm from NJ and can't imagine doing this during the storm. Glad that you're okay and huge congrats on starting again.

I know what you mean about the Thanksgiving stuff...I live in London, so I'm not obligated to celebrate, but it's still going to be a big temptation. The good thing is that there are tons of Whole30 eating options to get us through! No pumpkin pie, but this is going to be worth it.

Pfft, never got a chance to go shopping and there is next to nothing at home except for stuff I can't eat on Whole30.

So will actually be starting tomorrow, 11/14/12. I think I have figured out a couple meals to tied me over until I finally have time to go shopping after work & school tomorrow evening.

Into Day 2 and going strong... but have to put AIP on hold so I will be a couple days off on that.

Still haven't been able to go shopping to de-tomatoes and de-curry/chili my kitchen. I think those are going to be the toughest to give up because they are among my favorites.

Will be interesting to see what the AIP effects (hopefully the KP on my arms) and what I'll be able to add back.

Archived