My first 4 days

Draya

I already try my damnedest to eat whole food, but this is another level:

Honestly, I've just been eating. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. I've scrambled eggs and boiled eggs. I keep veggies cut up, cooked, and at the ready. I cook a bunch of meat for dinner for myself and the family and have it ready the next day for lunch.

My favorite thing so far is my leftover salads, mixed greens, whatever protein I have, lots of herbs, a few olives, a sprinkle of olive oil and lemon juice or vinegar.

I made sauteed cauliflower steaks tonight with some chicken apple sausages, roasted potatoes and carrots.

I do find myself snacking on fruits, mostly watermelon this week. I do love sugar. I'll have a date at the end of the day to quell my sugar demon and it seems to work, though I don't think I'll keep that up. If I still feel hungry after a meal, I drink lots of water. If that doesn't help, a handful of nuts seems to do the trick.

I know that there's no one I can hire to slap food out of my mouth, so it's on me and though I feel weak when it comes to food, I like finding that I do, indeed, have the power over it.

I live with my family, my mom in law, husband, and my one year old, their snacks are in the pantry, freezer, staring me in the face and I could almost absent mindedly stick a cracker or a piece of cheese in my mouth, but I haven't.

Day 5-

Breakfast: 

3 eggs scrambled in ghee with mushrooms, tomatoes, and olives

Half a banana

Lunch

Heaping pile of green beans cooked in chicken broth, suateed cauliflower and roasted potatoes and two apple chicken sausages. I used a little olive oil for the sauteing, is that enough fat?

Day 6 and had a slight headache, slept in, so no breakfast

Upon Awakening I had

Cucumber, tomato, mushrooms, chicken breast, Kalamata olives, drizzled with olive oil and lime juice

Boiled egg for a snack

Dinner

Ground turkey cooked in olive oil with onions, garlic, tomatoes, mushrooms and spiral cut zucchini, salt, pepper, oregana, cayanne! Everyone loved it!

End of my first week:

3 eggs in olive oil with yellow bell peppers, onions, tomatoes and olives

Thin sliced beef with baby red butter lettuce, sauteed bell pepper and onion, topped with pico and lime juice

Apple with almond butter

Marinated chicken thigh, grilled shrimp, potatoes sauteed with prosciutto, onions and garlic (way less veggies than the rest of the week!)

Pomegranate juice ice cubes and frozen blueberries in la croix

Day 8

Huge breakfast

Sauteed potatoes, onion, garlic, bell peppers, mushrooms, skirt steak, and two eggs cooked in olive oil

Missed lunch, was out and not hungry, got home, snacked on seaweed, handful of nuts

Dinner

Red baby butter lettuce, small avacado, half a tomato, chicken thigh, lots of pico and lime juice

Water water water

Archived