Post workout meal

Saltyicemom

I am on day 4 of my reintroduction. The last week of my Whole30, I really amped up my workouts. But I don't think I ate enough to fuel and refuel. I rarely did a post workout meal but just ate a bigger breakfast. Not the best idea as I crashed by the end of the week. This week I've been trying to do better. Since my Whole30 was complete, I thought a small glass of no sugar added juice (4 ounces) and collagen protein would be sufficient as a post workout with breakfast shortly afterwords. But my sugar cravings have returned!  Could it be the juice?  What's a better post workout meal? I usually have little appetite right after so I need easy to digest. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Saltyicemom said:

I am on day 4 of my reintroduction. The last week of my Whole30, I really amped up my workouts. But I don't think I ate enough to fuel and refuel. I rarely did a post workout meal but just ate a bigger breakfast. Not the best idea as I crashed by the end of the week. This week I've been trying to do better. Since my Whole30 was complete, I thought a small glass of no sugar added juice (4 ounces) and collagen protein would be sufficient as a post workout with breakfast shortly afterwords. But my sugar cravings have returned!  Could it be the juice?  What's a better post workout meal? I usually have little appetite right after so I need easy to digest. 

Have you done any research on the Post workout recommendations of the program?  It's lean protein and starchy carb, not fruit juice.  The answer to the other question about your sugar dragon is hard to answer because we don't have recommendations around post whole30 eating... if your sugar cravings have returned, you would want to look at what you've been eating, how you've been composing your meals different to what you were doing on your Whole30 and then make adjustments.  If the ONLY thing you've added back in is juice then yes, that's probably the culprit but if you've added back other items that might enrage the cravings then you'd need to look at that.

Thank you! The fruit juice is the only new thing. I'm doing re-introduction with only 1 element at a time. But I thought the fruit juice wouldn't hurt. Wrong! 

Ive been skipping the post workout meal totally. It's only 20-45 minutes of interval cardio. So I felt like a bigger breakfast would suffice. 

I'll try protein and carb dense veggie today. A sweet potato sounds really good right now so I'm thinking my body agrees with this plan! 

Thanks so much!

Archived