LuckyStar's Journal

LuckyStar

Day 1)  

Breakfast ... 2 Boiled eggs/salt and pepper and 6 strawberries

Lunch ... Bowl of Salad, Broccoli, small piece of Salmon, Squeeze lemon on top.

Dinner ... curry shrimp, scallions, garlic and onions with Okra and handful of salad

Water intake only and tea/No exercise 

Off to a good start, spent the day reading information about Whole30 and looking at food labels. Realized that there were so many items that I would not be able to eat during this time.  I started to have anxiety and had to pull myself together by sitting down and planning what my next steps would be in this journey.  

The reality of the matter is that I have to be very conscious of what I am putting in my body, take care of myself and become accountable. Anything and everything that I was unsure about, I googled ... basically reading and educating myself.  

To do: Exercise/Incorporate being active and going to bed early, drink plenty of water

• Moderators

Hi! Have you checked out the meal template? You'll get the best results if you make each of your meals match that.  Don't be afraid to add fat to your meals -- it helps keep you satisfied between meals, and it's good for you. Be sure you're eating enough as well -- is that small piece of salmon at least as big as the palm of your hand, length, width, and height? And when eggs are your only protein, have as many whole eggs as you can hold in your hand, which is probably 3-4 for most adults. If you don't want that many eggs at once, it's fine to mix your proteins, so some eggs and sausage or whatever meat you've got left over. 

Day 2 ...

Breakfast: 2 Scrambled eggs/spoon extra olive oil, 8 strawberries, ginger tea

Lunch: Shimp, okra, 1/2 avocado, broccoli and an apple

Dinner: Salmon/onions, 1/2 sweet potato mashed: spices, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and extra olive oil , broccoli and avocado, ginger tea

Beverage: Only Water 

No exercise :mellow:

Attempted to go to bed not so late. Overall, it was a very productive day and looking forward to accomplishing this challenge ... 28 days more to go. 

Day 3 ... Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Breakfast:  Left over Salmon/onions, sweet potato mash and an apple, ginger tea

Lunch:  Tilapia,Onion/ Brussel sprouts, salad, two tablespoon of extra virgin oil

Dinner:  Tilapia, a few brussel sprouts and mashed sweet potato 

No exercise ... no motivation, its difficult trying to work on so many things simultaneously.  Tomorrow is another day.

To Self:  I love you!

Day Five, Thursday, August 10, 2017

Days are moving along ...I will be tracking weekly ....

Breakfast:  2 Fried eggs, 3 slices of beef back and tangerine

Lunch: 5 small meatballs, zucchini spaghetti and tangerine

Dinner:  small fried fish, 5 small meatballs, zucchini spaghetti 

stomach felt a bit bloated after dinner. I've been noticing arms and legs are not as puffy/swollen. I also noticed I have been dreaming a lot.  

Back to logging ....

***Day 6 - August 11, 2017 --- 

Breakfast: 3 boiled eggs, beef bacon, Tangerine

Lunch: Tilapia, Mixed vegetables consisting of carrots, brocholli and cauliflower

Dinner:  Salmon salad, extra virgin olive oil.

Didn't drink much water, was in the City during the evening, so I had to purchase a salad. Experienced a bit of anxiety because I didn't know what I was going to eat. But it all worked out. I was even around a lady who had a bag from McDonalds and the smell actually made me feel nausea. I got in late and drank some hot tea and went straight to bed. Was very, very, very, very irritable but kept things into perspective and pushed on.  I made it through another day.*****

***Day 7 - August 12, 2017 ---

Breakfast: 2 fried eggs, bacon, mango

Lunch: Tilapia, mixed veg and onions

Dinner: Salmon, potatoes, plantain, onion, sweet pepper and a mango

Snack: a few cashews and pistachios

***Day 8 - August 13, 2017

Breakfast: small piece of salmon, plantains , mango

Lunch:  Unable to eat lunch had a few cashews

Dinner: Skirt steak, string beans and a mango

Snack: Tangerine

***Day 9 - August 14, 2017

Breakfast: Salmon, 1 fried egg and a mango