Feeling Weird After Meals (day 6)

I don't really know how to describe what I feel like except WEIRD.  Today, after both lunch and dinner, I was full after I ate, and I might have felt a little sick?  My food was all compliant, my lunch was 4 hardboiled eggs and a whole bag of frozen broccoli cuts. Then for dinner I had this awesome pad thai that i made from a "greatist" article recipe, but i feel a little nauseous now, and I didn't feel so great after lunch. I don't feel that heaviness I get from eating a whole bag of chips or a lot of bread/carbs, but I'm not really sure what this feeling is. I am definitely eating way more vegetables than ever. 

• Moderators

It's hard to say what might make you feel weird, especially since I'm not sure exactly what weird means to you in this case.

What I can tell you is that after 4 hard boiled eggs and a bag of broccoli, I would almost certainly feel bloated and gassy. Eggs cooked other ways don't have quite the same effect for me, but hard boiled ones do. And broccoli and other cruciferous vegetables like cauliflower or kale have a similar effect on many people. I don't know if that's the weirdness you're feeling or not, I'm just throwing that out there as something to consider.

I was feeling the same way today, not much appetite,  I ended up not being able to stomach the idea of dinner initially and just had an RxBar. Maybe my body is bloated from all those vegetables like you said, but I've just never experienced this type of bloat because I don't eat that many vegetables hahaha

• Moderators
1 hour ago, WholeInOne said:

I was feeling the same way today, not much appetite,  I ended up not being able to stomach the idea of dinner initially and just had an RxBar. Maybe my body is bloated from all those vegetables like you said, but I've just never experienced this type of bloat because I don't eat that many vegetables hahaha

An RX bar is going to do the opposite of what you want... fruit and nuts is going to make you more bloated... try some soup maybe or something that you've always been able to eat (for me that's either scrambled eggs or chicken salad).  

Archived