I am trying to get everything in order to start the Whole30. Right now I'm feeling very overwhelmed. One thing I'm concerned about is the nightshades since they may cause inflammation and I have Fibromyalgia. Should I start out using them or ignore all together?

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, Gail Watson said:

I am trying to get everything in order to start the Whole30. Right now I'm feeling very overwhelmed. One thing I'm concerned about is the nightshades since they may cause inflammation and I have Fibromyalgia. Should I start out using them or ignore all together?

We generally recommend that people do the Whole30 as written first and then if necessary transition into or start a more restricted program... usually just the program as written is enough to reduce inflammation.  Maybe just make sure you're not overdoing it on nightshades and see how you go... while you're getting ready for your program, take a quick google and see what the symptoms of nightshade intolerance are so that if you start having problems, you can recognize them and then work to revise.  We're always here to help so if you get through the first week or so and you're having trouble, definitely repost back here with what you've been eating and we can help.  Be sure to give as much detail as possible including portion sizes and specific foods when you post back so we have enough info to help! Good luck!

Archived