Day 16 and nauseated when trying to eat

RB1

I know I need to keep eating but I'm nauseated with almost all of the meals now.  Even ones I ate fine before.  I feel like my body is tired of the food choices.  Drinking water and coffee fine and no nausea with fresh fruit intake.  Any advice?

• Moderators
57 minutes ago, RB1 said:

I know I need to keep eating but I'm nauseated with almost all of the meals now.  Even ones I ate fine before.  I feel like my body is tired of the food choices.  Drinking water and coffee fine and no nausea with fresh fruit intake.  Any advice?

It is extremely difficult for us to give you advice without knowing anything about what day you're on, what you're eating, what you're drinking... I do suspect that your hormones are out of whack if you're having no problem eating fruit... usually things high in sugar are extremely easy to ingest.  Are you eating a template meal within an hour of waking and then 4-5 hours apart x 3?

Thanks for responding.  I am now on Day 17.

My eating schedule hasn't changed much since I started.  Breakfast at 630, lunch at noon and dinner at 6.  My sleep wake cycle is about 330-830 and has been for years.  It's not really feasible for me to fix breakfast for myself at 430 am as other family members are still sleeping in the house.  My work schedule is such that I can't have lunch until noon.

Yesterday am I did have coffee at 430 am, two egg muffins (egg, spinach, tomato) at 630am.  Ate 1.75 and had to toss the rest due to nausea.

lunch was egg salad w all compliant ingredients and 1.5 cups of fresh tomato. Side of cantaloupe.  Best tasting meal in days.  Maybe the cold?

dinner was Melissa's chicken hash.  Ate about 5 bites and just felt yuck. Ate the same dish a few days ago and liked it.  

Of course like 2 hrs later I was ravenous.  Had some fruit (apple and pear) and a few pecans.

drinks during the day - cup of coffee, 60-70 oz water and a lacroix which the book says is compliant.

For breakfast this am ate a salad with tomato and olive oil/balsamic vinegar and one of the salmon cakes whose recipe from the book.  This went much better.  Is it possible to develop a preference for uncooked or cold food during the course of Whole30?

• Moderators
6 hours ago, RB1 said:

For breakfast this am ate a salad with tomato and olive oil/balsamic vinegar and one of the salmon cakes whose recipe from the book.  This went much better.  Is it possible to develop a preference for uncooked or cold food during the course of Whole30?

I don't think it's that unusual to want uncooked/cold food in the height of summer... if that is what is palatable to you at this time, use it to your advantage!  I would suggest not drinking coffee until after your meal as coffee is an appetite suppresant.

You may just need to power through... it doesn't look like there's anything in your meals that stands out as something that causes nausea... make a meal, eat as much of it as you can and then eat from that same meal again as soon as you feel able to keep more down... the template is the bare minimum an adult human needs to survive so keep working at it.

25 minutes ago, SugarcubeOD said:

I don't think it's that unusual to want uncooked/cold food in the height of summer... if that is what is palatable to you at this time, use it to your advantage!  I would suggest not drinking coffee until after your meal as coffee is an appetite suppresant.

You may just need to power through... it doesn't look like there's anything in your meals that stands out as something that causes nausea... make a meal, eat as much of it as you can and then eat from that same meal again as soon as you feel able to keep more down... the template is the bare minimum an adult human needs to survive so keep working at it.

Thank you so much for the advice. 

Hi RB1, Just wanted to encourage you to keep up the good work. I'm about one week ahead of you. Today is my day 28. Anyway, I experienced the same as you around day 14, 15, 16. I just couldn't eat anything. I made my compliant three meals a day and and ate as much as I could at each meal. If I couldn't eat in the morning, I packed my breakfast and ate it at work and tried to keep my meals spaced as suggested. I mixed up my good fats and enjoyed a variety of olives at each meal.

I'm so glad I powered through, because this week, my countdown to day 30, has been so much better. I don't know if it's the fact that I'm so close to day 30, or if my body is actually adjusting to my new eating habits, but I feel great! In fact, I just spent 1-1/2 hours sweeping down my pool deck (it's kinda big) and I have so much energy. I'm not sure if this is the tiger blood thing, but I'm so excited to know I've come so far. 

I hope you are feeling better this week and looking forward to your day 30! Keep up the good fight!!

Thank you for the encouraging post!  I assume today is day 30 for you so congratulations!!  My nausea did improve and meals are much easier to eat again.  I'm on day 24 now and my energy is improved.  Lots of cravings (and even dreamed about  ritz crackers last night lol) but hanging in there and proud to have made it to this point!  Best wishes.

Archived