Starting Over - Artifical Flavors in Hazelnut Coffee

CharisC

Arggggg. I don't know why I didn't notice before but I have been drinking Hazelnut Coffee and for whatever reason realized this morning it has artificial flavors but they aren't specifically stated as to what they are. R1D19. Start over? I was planning on going another 30 days anyway to do the more strict Craving Buster Reset. I was thinking to cut out the coffee going forward and then attempt the next reset when I am 30 days through on 8/22. Thoughts?

• Moderators

Artificial flavors are technically okay for Whole30 purposes. Lots of people do choose to avoid them, but you wouldn't need to start over because of them.

If you continue having coffee (regular or decaf) and want flavor without the artificial flavors, you can add cinnamon or other spices to a good quality plain coffee, or look for brands that don't use artificial flavors (I found this one at my local grocery store and enjoy their Dirty Chai flavor). Of course, if you opt to give up coffee, you won't need to worry about it, and that's also a fine option. 

• Moderators
12 hours ago, CharisC said:

Shannon, have you tried any of their other flavors?

I think I tried the cinnamon chocolate one, or it may have just been the chocolate cacao, I can't remember. It was good, whichever it was, I just really like the chai one. I'm sure the others are good too.

Archived