It's a New Day: KB0426's Post-Whole30

kb0426

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning all,

Lunch out yesterday was lunch out and therefore I relaxed on choices. I had a hamburger and I ate the bun. It was good. Drive it home with a sugary yet delicious chocolate pecan tart that we split 3 ways.

Afternoon HH with coworkers resulted in 2 glasses of delicious cabernet.

By the time I got home I was just not sure what I wanted for dinner. I ended up with plantains and guacamole, and a long talk on the phone with the source of the emotional issues. ;) I am in a long distance relationship and let's face it - they suck. It wasn't always like this - the long distance or the relationship sucking - but I love this man and want him in my life always. Lots of navigating to make this work and it is emotionally exhausting at times. There is, of course, much more to this story, but, again, this is the internet. It is bad enough I share details of my poop.

Anyways, I am going on vacation in 6 days to see him and really am excited about it. Excited but scared, ya know? I need to focus on taking really good care of myself this week. I stopped by a Trader Joe's last night and it would have been so easy to grab a bottle of wine and drink it all weekend. I am better off not having it here.

I am rambling. I need to jump in the shower and start this day!

ah, sometimes in house relationships suck, too! I always joke that my hubby and I love each other so much when one of us is at work (there's always a call or two during the day where we're all lovey, get home and it's "YOU DIDN'T DO THE LAUNDRY?!") haha!!!

hmmmmm...plantains and guac, sounds like a perfect cinco de mayo weekend dinner!

where do you live in MN? I grew up in Mound (Lake Minnetonka area) and I miss the beauty...then I see all my friend's posts on FB about the snow. yeah. I guess CA isn't so bad! B):P

ah, sometimes in house relationships suck, too! I always joke that my hubby and I love each other so much when one of us is at work (there's always a call or two during the day where we're all lovey, get home and it's "YOU DIDN'T DO THE LAUNDRY?!") haha!!!

hmmmmm...plantains and guac, sounds like a perfect cinco de mayo weekend dinner!

where do you live in MN? I grew up in Mound (Lake Minnetonka area) and I miss the beauty...then I see all my friend's posts on FB about the snow. yeah. I guess CA isn't so bad! B):P

I live in the area of No. St. Paul. It was 37 degrees on my way back from an appointment this morning! CA sounds WAY better right now!

Breakfast was a lovely arugula salad with bacon and poached eggs.

Lots of putzy stuff needs to be accomplished this weekend. I WILL get back into the gym today and I WILL clean my bathroom sometime this weekend! But for now, I am going to sit here with my coffee and the internet for a while, and let my breakfast digest. :D

What an unusual Saturday I am having. I ended up going back to bed at 11:30 in the morning! I was SO COLD I just could not warm up. I thought maybe laying in bed under the covers would help. I ended up napping until 2pm. This doesn't happen to me! I was finally warm when I got up :).

I headed to the gym. I had a good workout and was feeling good until duh duh dunnn...gym guy worker man comes up and asks me "how was your workout?" Now, let me set the record here. I know these guys are supposed to recruit people for training sessions. I get that. But when I am there and I have my "don't talk to me I want to be left alone" face on, I would like my wishes respected. To not be rude, I told him I did cardio and some weights. He then wants to know exactly what I did as far as the weights. "Squats with overhead presses, deadlifts with a row, dips, planks, 21s, and bridges." He has to then continue to question me. I was so annoyed! I guess I "passed" whatever test he had for me because he raises his first for a "bump". Dude, do I look like I am looking for your approval? I guess I was really annoyed if I felt like I needed to share that!

I had HB eggs, 1/2 a banana and some kale chips for lunch, as well as a kombucha.

Dinner is going to be Nadia's creamy tomato baked scallops and an artichoke with clarified butter. Or maybe mayo. Or both :).

hmmm...maybe gym worker guy thinks you're cute? it happens. ;)

That made me laugh out loud! If it were the case it would be a compliment for sure since I AM old enough to be his mother :).

I think he saw $ signs, not romance ;).

I vote for both :D

I did have both and let me tell you, it was hard! When I was dipping in the butter, I wanted to mayo, and when I was dipping in the mayo, I wanted the butter. I kept feeling like I was being disloyal to the other one ;).

I can't wait until the really big artichokes are in. I really do love them! :wub:

Ooh I love them too. Do you just boil them? Any secret butter sauce? I roast them in the oven and make the bauda sauce, the one with garlic and anchovy :)

I am going to have to google bauda sauce!

I just trim the leaves, peel and steam. No secret sauces either.

I <3 the heart. Especially with the clarified butter. Running down my arm ;).

Yeeep, I got two words mixed up. Bagna cauda is the one I meant.

Fortunately google knew what you meant! Hopefully there are some lovely artichokes at the co-op today so I can make this!

Good Sunday morning all!

Paco and I took a lovely 4 mile walk this morning. I wish the sun was out and that it was warm, but it was a cloudy 37 degrees. I look forward to when there is something else to obsess about other than the weather.

Breakfast was good in concept, but only okay when executed. Arugula salad with avocado, chicken breast, and a dressing I made out of mango, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, salt and a hit of honey. I also had a couple of HB eggs in there. The dressing overwhelmed, so I ended up picking the chicken, eggs an avocado out and eating those. Sorry arugula.

Don't expect any secret two belly button photos today; I am not going to the gym. The walk was my workout and that will have to be good enough!

Grocery shopping, a trip to PetSmart to get travel supplies, and housecleaning on the schedule for today. Planning my own little cinco de Mayo party later; that just means plantains and guacamole are going to get consumed sometime today :).

Make it a great day!

Oh, and I have a question for anyone that stumbles upon this. The last 2 mornings I have started my day with coffee with coconut milk and about a tbl of coconut oil whipped up in the blender. Both yesterday and today I have had a wicked hot flash and a vague feeling of nausea about 15 minutes after finishing this. Do you think it is just too heavy a fat hit on my system?

TIA!

Coconut oil in my cofffee makes me feel a little naseous, too. Coconut milk is fine. I'm not sure why there would be a difference, though. Sweet potato fries with sriracha mayo sounds fabulous. I will be making that very soon. Now that I can have sriracha again (mine has sugar). :)

Coconut oil in my cofffee makes me feel a little naseous, too. Coconut milk is fine. I'm not sure why there would be a difference, though. Sweet potato fries with sriracha mayo sounds fabulous. I will be making that very soon. Now that I can have sriracha again (mine has sugar). :)

Mine does too! When I am whole30 I miss it!

I make the sriracha mayo on demand, meaning if I need it, make it right before eating it. It seems to work best with a fresh batch of mayo. If the mayo is even a few days old, it causes it to break. You still get a tasty dip, but it is not "mayo-like".

I have always enjoyed my coffee with coconut milk. I guess I need to back away from the oil in my morning cuppa! Thanks Jen!

Yay! The sun is out AND I accomplished my to-do list for the day!

The trip to PetSmart was successful, at least in my opinion. Paco is not sure if he agrees.

post-6147-0-49158600-1367801544_thumb.jp

When I was making my purchase, the cashier started telling me that her mom is allergic to dogs, and that the airlines really should have a separate section for people with allergies when there is a dog on board.

Now, this is all I need to hear for my monkey mind to take over. I am now worried that there is going to be someone that will get sick because of me. Should I bring Benadryl on the plane with me? I borrow worry as a friend of mine states. I worry about things that have yet to happen, may not happen, and ultimately are not in my control. Yes, Paco traveling is in my control. Someone being allergic to him? Not so much. Still, I know I will end up bringing benadryl just in case!

The bathroom is clean, and I mean, get on your hands and knees and scrub the shower clean clean. I got laundry done, some clothes picked out for my trip, the kitchen cleaned, and the house vacuumed.

Dinner tonight was a cinco de Mayo celebration :). Chicken wings (so not Mexican) and plantains with guacamole. And I had a strawberry lime jalapeno margarita that will make a great combination for kombucha someday :). I am going to start that project when I get back from vacation. Now, why did I drink this one and not pour it down the sink? Because my motivation was the strawberries I got today, not because of a fight, or the need to forget something. I am enjoying and savoring, and the reality is there is not a lot of tequila in there. Hic ;). Just kidding!

post-6147-0-50864900-1367802410_thumb.jp

I can't believe how light out it still is. This is when an early bedtime gets interesting. I think I may need to invest in a mask.

Anyways, I hope you all had a lovely day and thanks for stopping by!

Don't worry, who can say anything about this cute dog? If I was allergic to cats/dogs/pollen whatever I would carry meds with me all the time, it's my problem not the people around.

Productive day, counts for a good workout. I like your kombucha thinking. Susan will make Pina Colada and you Margarita. I should try Long Island Booch.

Kb..I took my chi, Olivia, to San Diego for Christmas. I was a nervous wreck. It was her first flight and I was afraid she would whine the entire flight. She, just like a baby, whined until we took off and then slept the whole way. It was so great. On the way home, a crabapple McNasty sat next to me and insisted on moving when she heard little Olivia whine. By the way, she is a black and white short haired Chihuahua and she thinks Paco is hot. :0)

Thank you :)

I figure if I take him out for a nice long walk in the morning he will hopefully also sleep. He is a little "beefy" right now; was Olivia comfortable in her carrier?

I bet McNasty would also ask to move if a baby sat next to her. It takes all kinds!

Paco is quite the cutie; he certainly is my little hero right now!

Archived