day 21 still dragging

This is our 2nd w30.  The first we did about 20 months ago, but super rushed the reintroduction because of the holidays.  Hubs and I are on day 21 and still feel like we're dragging.  He remembers having "tiger blood" last time, I never did have "tiger blood" the last time, but both of us feel like we're missing something here.  I still am taking 30 min naps every single day.  We do have a 3 yr old and a 10 month old who keep us on the go, but I'm not sure I can contribute the lack of energy entirely to that. 

I should mention we had company for 3 days, but we were exhausted before they came.  We did remain compliant while they were here (hurray!) even though they chose to ate other foods.  I did eat more fruit than I normally would, I don' t know if this contributed, but now I'm having crazy sugar cravings again.  It might be psychological since my guests ate all kinds of things I would love to eat. 

Meals for the last 2 days (sorry, I can't remember any further back than that)

B: 2 eggs cooked in ghee
3 sausage patties (about 1 oz each)
1/2 a sweet potato baked
handful of bing cherries

L: 4 oz of compliant lunchmeat in lettuce wraps with
tomato, onion, cucumber, mayo
1/2 and additional cucumber with ranch dip

S: taco salad, about 1/3 lb of taco meat
huge plate full of chopped greens
tomato, onion, green pepper, salsa, handful of black olives sliced

B: 3 eggs cooked in lard
1/2 a baked sweet potato sliced into rounds and fried in lard
1 peach

L:  hamburger "salad"
lettuce, tomato, onion, compliant bacon, mayo, pickles, mustard
applesauce
watermelon

S: Same taco salad, we had a huge amount of left overs

Any suggestions please?  I  know tiger blood isn't the only goal, but it would be nice to not feel like I had to drag myself around all day.  Thank you!

• Moderators

Your meals don't look that bad... I would suggest that you could probably add additional fat and veggies to breakfast... the sweet potato is great but we want a plate filled with non starchy veggies too.  Salad greens can be difficult because they're quite low volume when they're cooked/chewed down.  I see you added other veggies to the salad, but it's hard to tell if that's a sprinkle or if it's like a chopped veggies salad's worth on greens... I also don't know what 1/3 of a pound of ground beef looks like but is it 1-2 palms of meat?  Do you workout?  If so, are you eating your pre and post workout meals in addition to your three daily meals?  Do you drink 1/2 oz of water per pound of body weight?  Do you get 7-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep?  Are you super stressed with work/home life?  

Since your meals don't look bad and I can't see them accounting for fatigue as you're describing, lets look outside the plate and see :)

22 hours ago, SugarcubeOD said:

Your meals don't look that bad... I would suggest that you could probably add additional fat and veggies to breakfast... the sweet potato is great but we want a plate filled with non starchy veggies too.  Salad greens can be difficult because they're quite low volume when they're cooked/chewed down.  I see you added other veggies to the salad, but it's hard to tell if that's a sprinkle or if it's like a chopped veggies salad's worth on greens... I also don't know what 1/3 of a pound of ground beef looks like but is it 1-2 palms of meat?  Do you workout?  If so, are you eating your pre and post workout meals in addition to your three daily meals?  Do you drink 1/2 oz of water per pound of body weight?  Do you get 7-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep?  Are you super stressed with work/home life?  

Since your meals don't look bad and I can't see them accounting for fatigue as you're describing, lets look outside the plate and see :)

Thanks.  Yes, I should have been more specific.  When I mention the veggies, they are pretty large amounts made into large salads. 

Yes,  breakfast I really struggle with.  I have zero interest in vegetables when I wake up.  I have only minimal interest in any food at breakfast.

I do pretty well with water and only work out occasionally since time with little ones doesn't allow a lot. 

We did move 6 weeks ago.  Even though it was to a place we are familiar with, I suppose that could be stress. ;-) I'll give it some more time and work on my breakfast meal. Thanks.

Are you sleeping well at night? It's just not laying still for 7-9 hours that's important, it needs to be good and deep and restorative. If you have trouble falling asleep or staying asleep, you may want to think about that, too. Add a sleeping aid if you have trouble falling asleep (like Natural Calm), eat your carbs at dinner to help make you sleepy, make sure all electronic devices and other lights are off when you're sleeping, etc. 

Archived