MOD pizza?

• 1 year later...

You can get a salad but none of the protein is compliant. The closest thing is the chicken which has a few ingredients in it, one of them is rice starch unfortunately. You can get all of the fresh veggies like romaine, spinach, mixed greens, fresh basil, fresh cilantro, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms,and and roasted sweet potatoes, roasted brussel sprouts, and roasted broccoli. As far as dressing you can get olive oil. I add oregano, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper too.

• 1 month later...

Came across this topic because I'm attending a fundraiser tomorrow at MOD - could a mod (hehe) weigh in on this please?  Looking at the allergen info list, there are actually multiple compliant proteins at MOD pizza.  From their website: (https://modpizza.com/allergen/)

anchovies

anchovies, olive oil, salt

ground beef

beef, water, salt, pepper

spicy chicken sausage

chicken, water, salt, spices, jalapeno powder, paprika, garlic powder

Looks like all three of these should be fine on Whole30, right?

Chicken sadly does contain rice starch, and all the bacons and sausages other than the spicy chicken sausage have some form of sugar.

Would love to get the official yes/no on this before tomorrow if possible!  Otherwise I'm just gonna go for it, seems fine to me!

• Moderators
On 2/23/2019 at 5:54 PM, Guink said:

Please report back your findings. Since I’m located in the Seattle area, I’m surrounded with MOD locations so would love to know!

Don't rely on someone in a different area than yours - ask at the location you want to eat at.  Many times franchises will have different recipes or ingredients from one store or region to the next and you wouldn't want to stumble on the program because you relied on someone else's research :) 

On 2/25/2019 at 4:45 PM, SugarcubeOD said:

Don't rely on someone in a different area than yours - ask at the location you want to eat at.  Many times franchises will have different recipes or ingredients from one store or region to the next and you wouldn't want to stumble on the program because you relied on someone else's research :) 

This is a good point.  :)  However they do put all the ingredients - for allergen purposes - on that website.  Since so many oils contain allergens I would think they'd be required to disclose that.

Long story short we will be going on some undisclosed date in the future, and didn't end up going this weekend.  But if we do end up going I'll have to remember to ask and report back!

Archived