Teatsie

August 14th Start Date

Recommended Posts

Thank you all for the bone broth advice. I am trying to get in some protein at breakfast. End of day 2. A bit tired but other than that staying strong. Normally during dinner by the time the dinner is cooked I would have eaten something here and there and by the time I sit down to dinner I would have eaten 2 meals worth. Today  cooking non W30 stuff for the family, all stayed intact and NOTHING in the mouth.

Hope everyone is having a good day 2. Superj5976 welcome aboard. I know there are some threads with whats allowed as snacks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I felt ok physically today but did have some moments where I questioned why I was doing this, lol.  I think it was just the mental energy of thinking so carefully about everything I ate getting to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today was good. No "hangover" yet. Felt full after every meal. Even ate at Applebees with a friend for "happy-hour" (had a side salad from my hubby's meal and soda water with lime) it was too early for my actual meal. So after we got home, I made pizza stuffed sweet potatoes. Not sure why they call it that, bc it didn't taste like pizza, lol. 

Not looking forward to tomorrow, I'm sure my hangover will start then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't hit the hangover point yet either, but I'm sure it's coming. Breakfast on-the-go has been 2 hard boiled eggs and a banana with hot tea/ACV; a salad for lunch with ranch from the book (so good) along with grapes and almonds; dinner has been shredded pork in a salad with spinach, romaine, carrots, and broccoli. If I'm still hungry in the evenings, I eat some more grapes or slice up an apple. Chewing slower really does make a difference. My boyfriend is doing Whole30 with me, and he used to eat his food like it was a race. This week, I feel like I'm nagging him to "chew slower!" He ate one serving of pork and said, "wow, I'm pretty full actually." That never happens. Have a great day 3, everyone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Woot woot! No headache! 

Alex, that's awesome he's doing it with you. :D my hubs thinks I'm crazy. 

I prepped muffin-sized egg bakes on Sunday, so that's my breakfast every-other-day this week. Add some fruit and coffee with unsweetened vanilla almond milk and I'm good to go. I'm getting a bit sick of onions and peppers already, but I think my next couple of days of meals have other veg in them. I think I'll have to try that ranch dressing now, haven't had any meal sized salads yet and that sounds yum. 

Hope everyone is feeling good today!

B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Day 2 staying strong so far. The meals are so good from the book. They make huge portions though so i have been eating the same salad all week and still have more left over. I've been over eating at supper. Feel super full and gross after. So going to eat a little less and pack more up for lunch. Found it hard to only eat one meal at work. Used to 2 snacks and a meal. But when I feel hungry I drink water. Seems to be working thus far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

superj5976 - great job getting your grocery shopping done and starting the program!  I'm on day 3.  I found Monday not so bad, but yesterday I was hungry and could feel some serious moodiness spells!  I did have to snack between meals to control the beast - a nectarine and almonds once and a bit of broccoli/apple/walnut salad the second time.  

I was definitely tired this morning as I woke up at 2/2:30 and couldn't get back to sleep until after 4am. Needless to day, I was in the middle of a REM sleep dream when my alarm went off at 6am.   I decided to snooze, then wait for my second alarm at 6:45.  I got up, and go my workout in (I'm doing T25 for anyone familiar with Beachbody programs).   I had 1/2 slice of W30 approved deli turkey and a boiled egg immediately afterward (I cannot stomach eating before I work out).   Then, I fed the dogs, made coffee and threw together this "official" breakfast:  Sauteed Kale (in avo oil), 2 tsp Epic Bacon Bits and an egg (fried in light olive oil), coffee w/Vanilla Nutpod Creamer, and water. It didn't come out pretty, but I was surprised that it is actually pretty darn tasty (this experimentation thing is kinda fun)!  This is definitely something I will make again.  Next time, I think I will skip or reduce the amount of bacon, since I'm not a huge bacon fan to begin with and ended up pushing most of it to the side.  The bacon just sounded like it would go well and added a nice additional layer of flavor, which it did.

Here's to making today a GREAT day!

IMG_6911.JPG

IMG_6910.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Rottiegirl2017 said:

superj5976 - great job getting your grocery shopping done and starting the program!  I'm on day 3.  I found Monday not so bad, but yesterday I was hungry and could feel some serious moodiness spells!  I did have to snack between meals to control the beast - a nectarine and almonds once and a bit of broccoli/apple/walnut salad the second time.  

I was definitely tired this morning as I woke up at 2/2:30 and couldn't get back to sleep until after 4am. Needless to day, I was in the middle of a REM sleep dream when my alarm went off at 6am.   I decided to snooze, then wait for my second alarm at 6:45.  I got up, and go my workout in (I'm doing T25 for anyone familiar with Beachbody programs).   I had 1/2 slice of W30 approved deli turkey and a boiled egg immediately afterward (I cannot stomach eating before I work out).   Then, I fed the dogs, made coffee and threw together this "official" breakfast:  Sauteed Kale (in avo oil), 2 tsp Epic Bacon Bits and an egg (fried in light olive oil), coffee w/Vanilla Nutpod Creamer, and water. It didn't come out pretty, but I was surprised that it is actually pretty darn tasty (this experimentation thing is kinda fun)!  This is definitely something I will make again.  Next time, I think I will skip or reduce the amount of bacon, since I'm not a huge bacon fan to begin with and ended up pushing most of it to the side.  The bacon just sounded like it would go well and added a nice additional layer of flavor, which it did.

Here's to making today a GREAT day!

 

Hey there! this looks so good!~  Eggs tho, when they are your sole source of protein are as many as you can hold in one hand without dropping... usually 3-4 for most people, definitely more than one.  If you don't want to eat more eggs, then add some protein leftovers... you may feel fine now but nutrition is cummulative... and undereating breakfast can set you up for playing catch up the rest of the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to weigh in on the Bone Broth, it is NOT a replacement for any portion of the Whole30 template... you're welcome to drink it in any quantity you like - consider it bonus nutrients :)  It has more collagen/gelatin in it than actual protein.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SugarcubeOD said:

Hey there! this looks so good!~  Eggs tho, when they are your sole source of protein are as many as you can hold in one hand without dropping... usually 3-4 for most people, definitely more than one.  If you don't want to eat more eggs, then add some protein leftovers... you may feel fine now but nutrition is cummulative... and undereating breakfast can set you up for playing catch up the rest of the day.

Thanks Sugarcube.  I enjoy eggs so it certainly wasn't that I wouldn't eat more =).  I'll definitely monitor how I do today and adjust as necessary next time- I never contributed "playing catch up" to not enough protein in the morning - great insight!     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rottiegirl2017 said:

For future reference - what's good to go at Chipotle?  

I believe only the carnitas - and possibly the veggies.  chicken and beef are cooked in rice bran oil so a no-no.  mild and medium salsa are OK, I didn't double check the hot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Jim4884 said:

I believe only the carnitas - and possibly the veggies.  chicken and beef are cooked in rice bran oil so a no-no.  mild and medium salsa are OK, I didn't double check the hot

Nope, the cooked veggies are no go but the pico is okay and the guac and then obvs the fresh lettuce.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think my "hangover" and "Kill All Things" are overlapping.  I have a slight headache but I think that is actually more allergy related.   I had been getting them regularly when I stopped taking my allergy medicine.  But I am pretty close to "Kill All Things" on an intermitten bases (I'm sure there's some hormonal influence that's not helping).  OK, so maybe I don't quite want to Kill All Things, but I certainly have perfected the "you a$$hole" glare and "you better shut up and eat it" eyes.

I made Avocado Pesto Zoodles tonight, and let's just say they weren't a big hit.  My 15 year old (the "vegetarian") politely ate her serving (I'm sure she gave it a sideways look when I wasn't looking), my husband ate his, but I could see the "WTF" face, and my youngest (12) poked and prodded and eventually ate hers.  It took everything I had not to throw my bowl across the kitchen.  Yep.  KILL.  ALL.  THINGS.  

I guess for the safety and sanity of the family, I'd better not wait until after 8 to serve dinner anymore.  In my defense, I didn't get home until after 5, my 12 year old had catching lessons at 5:30 and my 15 year old had cheer practice from 6-8 so I was a bit stuck.

How's everyone else's day going?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alex406 said:

Is anyone else nauseous? As I was peeling my boiled eggs this morning, I was like there's no way I'm eating these yet...

Hey Alex - I haven't gotten nauseous with food per se, but this morning I did try to have a slice of W30 approved deli turkey before I worked out as I didn't have added protein with dinner last night (made Creamy W30 Avo-Pesto Zoodles) and ate late.  I quickly remembered why I don't eat before I work out.  It did not work for me.  That being said, I enjoyed the heck out of my Kale and egg breakfast salad.  Sugarcube - I used one whole and and an additional egg white this morning -- starting slowly to increase the eggs in this dish.

Day 4 all - let's make it a good one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What are yall's thoughts on the Rx Bars? I got a variety pack of them because they were advertised as Whole 30 compliant, but if I can't have the chocolate/coconut Larabar (fave) I feel like I shouldn't eat the chocolate Rx bars either. I know the peanut butter one is out but is there something different about the chocolate used in Rx bars? I searched the forum a little and only saw things about the peanut butter ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alex406, did you get an answer to the RxBar question?  I started following the thread for the same answer and I haven't seen it so curious if someone got back to you?

48 minutes ago, Alex406 said:

What are yall's thoughts on the Rx Bars? I got a variety pack of them because they were advertised as Whole 30 compliant, but if I can't have the chocolate/coconut Larabar (fave) I feel like I shouldn't eat the chocolate Rx bars either. I know the peanut butter one is out but is there something different about the chocolate used in Rx bars? I searched the forum a little and only saw things about the peanut butter ones.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I searched the forum a little more and found this thread. It looks like the chocolate flavored ones may not be compliant. I think I'll side with the original poster and not let it cause me to start over but instead avoid the cocao ingredients in the future. Live & learn, I suppose.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alex406 said:

So I searched the forum a little more and found this thread. It looks like the chocolate flavored ones may not be compliant. I think I'll side with the original poster and not let it cause me to start over but instead avoid the cocao ingredients in the future. Live & learn, I suppose.

 

Well, to further worry myself, I searched the Rx Bar website, and they literally have a Whole30 Compliant Variety Pack with the chocolate ones in there. Is this mismarketing or is it ok to eat? https://www.rxbar.com/shop/variety-packs/whole30-pack.html I ordered a pack from Amazon thinking they were all compliant until I saw a peanut butter flavored one in there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now