Is whole30 recommended for men who do lots of physical work?

Win

Hi, 

I am new to Whole30 and my husband, son and I have just started whole30. We own a commercial orchard and my husband works hard

physically. He is not overweight and but he does appear to have problems with his digestion and aches and pains in his limbs. He is 63 years old. I was wondering if the whole30 caters for such people. He likes bread and is finding it hard doing without this. I know potatoes are compliant but was wondering if there is such a thing as someone like him having too many potatoes. And is he able to have a larger protein serve? Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Cheers.

• Moderators

He should be eating to his own palm size, so make sure that you're using his metric if you're dishing up for him.  The recommendation is a fist sized serving of starchy carb per day to start and then more if the person is physically active, so try starch at two meals and then three.  This program is perfect for someone such as him, you just need to make sure he's eating enough, which might include eating to the top side of the template, adding additional starch and even a fourth meal or mini meal if he's really exerting himself at one point during the day, much like a post workout meal.

Archived