Starting 11/12

dimi0155

New to the community but not completely new to Paleo. I fell off the lifestyle when I moved over 1k miles away from my hometown.

I'm ready to get back on it and will be starting Monday 11/12.

Let me know if anyone else is starting tomorrow as well :)

Hi. I am starting 11/12 too. I am worried about doing this during Thanksgiving and Christmas but I can't wait any longer. I need to get out of a seriously bad pattern of eating and gaining weight and feeling bad. Good luck to you during your 30 days and beyond!

I'm in the same boat as you. Let me know if you need support throughout, I know I'm going to need it!

Good luck to you!

Starting the Whole30 program today, 11/12/12. I've gained about 25 pounds over the past three years, and I know it's because of my horrible lack of discipline when eating. I have horrible cravings, especially for sweets, and I eat when I'm bored. Would love to overcome these awful behaviors!! I'm a pretty good cook (I make everything from scratch), so my problem is that I usually make whatever I feel like. Time to put that behind me!

Guest Srptskrts

Hello - I actually started 11/11. Black coffee isn't quite the same, but wouldn't it be spectacular if that was the limit to my cravings during the next 28 days...highly unlikely, I know.

Good luck to everyone!

I'm so glad to see you guys out here! I am starting Whole30 #2 today, and was hoping I would find other people who dared to do a Whole30 through the holidays. My goal is to learn to enjoy events (holidays, celebrations, etc.) without them being all about food and wine. I tend to do very well during normal life, but I'm sort of an "any excuse for a party" kind of gal.

My first Whole30 was in July and my results were mixed. I felt good, but was completely exhausted by being 100% compliant. All I thought about was food...what was, what wasn't, what I could substitute, etc. My goal this time around is for a relaxed Whole30. Not relaxed in terms of food, just not so neurotic about it all. Since I know the rules, have my favorite recipes, have learned what works for me and what doesn't (fruit and nuts!), I feel confident that it will feel less like a diet and more like a tweak to my current lifestyle.

Good luck to all the Holiday Whole30 people! And yes, I read the article about the holidays not necessarily being the best time, but since they are often the source of my downward spiral, I think it's exactly the right time for me.

Guest Srptskrts

Hello Megmac - I too think holidays are a great time to start as they elicit so many emotion/food associations. I thought it would be the best time to explore these without the fog of holiday gluttony (at least for Thanksgiving).

Go Holiday Whole30!

Today is my first day with Whole30. I know its going to be hard with the holidays coming up, but I also feel I can't wait until January to start. I have gained about 25 lbs in last 3 years. I've been on an emotionally-eating roller coaster and I'm ready to get off this ride!! Hoping for some inspiration from the community.

I am beginning today too, This is my fourth W30....I love this way of eating/living. So will you. Can't wait to feel the amazing benefits that come. I wish you luck and stay plugged in here because it will definitely get you through with the support of everyone here.....

Welcome.

Donna

Well, Day 1 seems to have been a success. I got so excited yesterday reading about the program that I may have jumped the gun, but I'm really psyched. I had two minor slips today...the sausage I had on hand wasn't grass-fed, organic, etc., and I discovered after I cooked a little with my eggs for breakfast that it had MSG. I also used about a tablespoon of regular mayo with some tuna for dinner, but since this is Day 1 and I've not even had time to flesh out all the particulars, I'm pleased. I wasn't even tempted to try the fried rice I made for my sons for dinner, and instead I had my 9 year old do the taste test.

How did everyone else do?

Hi Everyone! I too started today. We can totally do this! It went very well. Temptation from the start (my boss's birthday meant a large cookie cake sitting in my line of site all day and after work drinks meant seeming very lame drinking club soda) but i made it through. Nighttime is really my nemesis so I am going to hop into bed sooner rather than later. I'll see you tomorrow to check in after day 2!

Day 1 was easy as is typical for me. The last time around I felt like a champ until about Day 20. No carb flu, no cravings, no offroading. And then nearly 3 weeks in, I had a total meltdown. I stayed on plan, but was completely angry and miserable. I've changed my mindset and goals, so hopefully I will avoid that this time around. Coincidentally, I had a complete blood panel done last week and have to re-test in 3 months (high calcium, low vit D) so it will be interesting to compare the results. I guess that means I'm doing a Whole90. Bring it on!

Day 1 check, here's to day 2! Feeding my son pizza (he's 4 and had been asking for pizza for days )at whole foods while I munched on a kale salad was hard but doable. I LOVE food so I've already cooked some really yummy stuff. Yesterday I made sauted/charred cauliflower with green onion. Cooked in an iron skillet with coconut oil , salt, pepper and crushed red pepper. So yummy. even my kids liked it!!

Good luck folks.

I was supposed to start yesterday, but never made it to the grocery store... so postponed until tomorrow. I think I have figured out a couple meals for the day until I can get to the store after work & school tomorrow.

It also give me the chance to finish off my last Lara Bar, since I am doing the Autoimmune Protocol, which means no nuts.

Today's day 1 for me. I don't want to wait until after the holidays, because....then what?? Glad I found others who are going ahead with it now. I think the key for me will be prepping food and planning meals. Let's help us give ourselved good health for the holidays!!

Well guys, I'm still pretty excited!! Day 2 was also a success. I decided I would play around with cauliflower rice for dinner, which ended up as curried cauliflower rice, and my husband and two sons both believed it to be just a new rice variety the whole time. I was nearly giddy at the table waiting until everyone finished their plates so I could break the news that it was cauliflower to my husband. I couldn't believe how well it seems to adapt to whatever flavors you add, so all the recipe idea gears are churning at full speed in my head!

I'm also resigning myself to letting this first Whole30 be a dry run for me. I got really excited about the plan Sunday evening when I was doing my grocery shopping prep, and I just decided to jump right in without having a complete education. Nonetheless, I'm feeling great about my new way of eating even if I've not been completely prepared for a 100% compliant start. Each positive choice is one more than I made yesterday!

How is everyone else doing?

Day 3!! Going pretty well so far. Woke up super early and hungry so I had breakfast at like 6 a.m. (I usually sleep till 8) Now I'm hungry again. Maybe some fruit?? I want coffee but I used to like it sweet (with stevia) and lots of half and half so it's just not doing it for me with no sweetener and coconut milk. Instead I'm drinking hot tea, BUT I WANT COFFEE.

Turns out I'm a filthy liar. First Whole30 I had no issues until day 20. This time I've had a POUNDING headache and a lot of anxiety. Oh well, it will pass. Other than that, all is well. I am eating chicken drumsticks from my farmer and brussel sprouts as we speak.

Day 2 went well for me. I had trouble sleeping last night, though. I felt hungry and my head was messing with me( telling me that maybe I should give up on this) All I kept thinking about was having something sweet and/or carbs. But I pushed through it (Yeah me!) Today is going well so far..maybe just a bit tired and cranky. Hopefully this passes soon. :)

Archived