Starting 11/12

dimi0155

I finished Day 3 strong ! (Even though my son made Nestles Toll House cookies...He's so cruel :P ) That's one of my weaknesses, but I felt strong. Slept better last night and today I feel like I am more focused and have more energy. I'm going out to a restaurant for a business meeting tonight. I already have a plan in place - I'm going to eat before I go and when I order a drink its going to be a club soda with a lime twist.

I finished Day 3 strong ! (Even though my son made Nestles Toll House cookies...He's so cruel :P ) That's one of my weaknesses, but I felt strong. Slept better last night and today I feel like I am more focused and have more energy. I'm going out to a restaurant for a business meeting tonight. I already have a plan in place - I'm going to eat before I go and when I order a drink its going to be a club soda with a lime twist.

Homemade cookies, man that is tough!!!

Tonight I'm going to a mama get together where we usually drink wine and eat yummy snacks. I've made some garlicky kale and plan to eat my protein before I go and munch on the kale while there. My friend has one of those sodastream machines too so fizzy water with lime will be my drink for the evening. Wish me luck!!

Glad to hear everyone is surviving!! I have to say, I am already feeling a difference. I've been lucky in that I haven't experienced any headaches or sugar withdrawals, and I've had sustained energy all day for these past four days. I am also feeling much less bloated already. Now to tackle my first weekend on the plan!!

How did everyone's first weekend go?

I wasn't much tempted by foods, but I did come down with a pretty good headache Saturday night, and I've had horrible indigestion in the evenings for 3 or 4 days now, but I still feel great otherwise and I'm not at all interested in breaking my commitment, not even for Thanksgiving. I've decided to take at least two Whole30-compliant side dishes to my mom's for Thanksgiving so I won't go hungry. Plus I plan to take along some LaraBars and fruit. How is everyone else coping?

I guess it must be going very well because I just had to look and see what day this was. What a change from last time! Day 9 and feeling good! Sleeping well and feeling "light", although still pretty sleepy all the time. We have company all week, but Thanksgiving itself will be small and I am cooking, so no real worries there. I hope everyone else is enjoying their Holiday Whole30 as much as I am.

Wow. I said "enjoying" and I meant it. :)

Megmac, what do you think may be causing you to feel sleepy? I had great energy all last week, but I noticed last night that I was ready to crash like a ton of bricks by 9pm, even though yesterday was already Day 8. I'm also wondering what gave me that horrible headache Saturday night - I guess I thought I would experience withdrawal symptoms mostly in the beginning. I bought some digestive enzymes yesterday to help with the indigestion the Whole30 has brought on, but it's too early for me to tell how much of a difference that will make.

Also, for those of you who haven't tried the LaraBars, I got the chance to try the Apple Pie flavor over the weekend, and let me tell you, they rock. I also ran across some homemade versions on the internet, so I'm excited about having something Whole30-compliant that I can use in case of emergency.

I can tell my weight and bloating are down, enough that I will be able to wear pants I've never fit into for Thanksgiving. Yay!!

MIchelle-based on what happened to me last round, I think my body takes a long time to adjust. I didn't have any withdrawal signs until 3 weeks in, and I really wasn't adapted after 30 days. My guess is just that I am still detoxing and adapting (and my hormones are balancing), which I have to imagine is a lot of work. I didn't experience any craving this round or last, but being tired all the time is typical for me. It's not "I can't get out of bed" fatigue, it's just that I always feel like I could use a nap. I sleep really well, but never feel particularly rested. The good news is that I'm off for the next four days, so naps are on the table!

Day 10 and feeling strong!

Well guys, I'm here to publicly confess that I fell completely off the wagon the two days I was at my mom's for Thanksgiving. :( I went into it pretty committed, even taking several side dishes with me that were Whole30 compliant so I would have plenty to eat, but the temptation was too great. Bummer. Oh well, I'm back on track today, having a great COMPLIANT breakfast. I've got to say, the difference of eating gluten and dairy couldn't have been more noticeable.

How did everyone else hold up??

:( I also caved. I was doing so well. I also made some side dishes that were Whole 30 compliant, but I had some emotional moments that got the best of me....and I caved. But I restarted the next day. I agree with you Michelle, I sure did feel the difference of eating gluten. I'm still feeling it, two days later.

I took the weekend off. Thanksgiving was fine, but Friday we started painting our house. We are remodeling the kitchen, so it was completely torn up. I lived on turkey sandwiches starting about 9pm Friday night. I ate three turkey sandwiches yesterday-breakfast, lunch and dinner. Food just wasn't the focus this weekend. We finished up last night about midnight, so I'm back on today. I feel fine and am not even upset about it. I guess that's the change in mindset I have this round. I have decided that I'm going to live Whole30 unless I have a special reason not to. I guess painting falls into that category.

Onward and upward!

I hear you guys. The coconut cake was what did me in at Thanksgiving, and then trying to clean carpets and do holiday stuff really limits the time I have to be in the kitchen or planning meals. But I'm SO thankful I'm okay with it. I don't think I could get back to this plan if I had to deal with the guilt. At my laptop doing my meal plans for the week as we speak. Here's to a better week!

Archived