Relief for back pain

I'm on day 10 and doing well.  My problem is back pain.  I take care of my wheelchair bound mother.  My first week she was at a care center so no back issues.  She was able to come home, thankfully, but the pain is back.  I see a chiropractor and I do heat, ice, topical creams, and massage, but some days I need something more.  Normally I would take Advil Gel Caps, but some of the inactive ingredients aren't allowed.  I've checked lots of labels but can't find any that would work.  Even uncoated aspirin has corn starch.  Any suggestions on what I can use?  Thanks!

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Debra099 said:

I'm on day 10 and doing well.  My problem is back pain.  I take care of my wheelchair bound mother.  My first week she was at a care center so no back issues.  She was able to come home, thankfully, but the pain is back.  I see a chiropractor and I do heat, ice, topical creams, and massage, but some days I need something more.  Normally I would take Advil Gel Caps, but some of the inactive ingredients aren't allowed.  I've checked lots of labels but can't find any that would work.  Even uncoated aspirin has corn starch.  Any suggestions on what I can use?  Thanks!

Take whatever pain killer you need to feel better, we don't expect you to suffer.  In the grand scheme of what is better or worse, I would certainly try and avoid something with soy, wheat or dairy in it... Necessary pain killers fall into the 'doctor's orders' as far as I'm concerned... supplements that people don't really need for 30 days are never allowed if they have off plan ingredients but pain killers for back pain, absolutely take something!

Archived