Black beans as first reintro food - help! Tmi

DoctorBadWolf

Warning: poop

I've seen quite a few posts about people's struggles with black beans, but not quite on point for me.

I introduced black beans, in the form of homemade soup, and peanuts (a peanut larabar) back into my diet on Friday.  Ever since my poop has been ... dark and sticky, for lack of a better word.  (Hard to wipe completely, sticks to the bowl.)  Not painful or loose or anything, but definitely different than usual. 

Is this likely due to simply reintroducing legumes or is it a sign of intolerance?  I have no other "symptoms" and have added nothing else new to my diet.  And I'm otherwise whole30 compliant.

I should add I've eaten this soup twice since Friday.  I did not take 2 days off because a) leftovers stretch my food budget and B) I honestly didn't anticipate a possible issue with beans.

I don't think I would be concerned unless there were other symptoms present. Cramping, discomfort, constipation, diarrhea, pain, etc. It is pretty normal for your poo to change along with your diet. I am definitely no expert but for me, the food sensitivity issues I am looking to uncover are the ones that are uncomfortable and difficult to live with. If it weirds you out, maybe only have beans every once in a while but I wouldn't be worried about saying goodbye forever. 

Archived