August 12 start date

Balo39

Good morning!  I started my Whole30 on August 12 - anyone else?  I'm actually kicking this off while on a two week vacation (staycation).  I figured it would be a lot easier to work myself thru the first two weeks of this when I was not working.  So far I made the right decision.  Really just had to push myself through the day yesterday.  I was tired and achy.  I am coming off of a huge carb and sugar fest so I'm sure my body is wondering where all the fun food is.  I am determined to stick with this and get myself back to healthy eating and feeling better.  My challenge the first few days was limiting fruit.  Going to stay strong with that today.  

I haven't read everything yet, but the things I read so far don't talk about drinking a lot of water.  Is that a thing on Whole30?  Should I be focusing on water?  I've been going to that to try and break bad habits - like wanting to eat something when I sit down to relax.  What's everyone's 'go to' to break the bad habits?

Hi. Yes, I started on August 12, also. I'm  thinking about how to break a bad habit: I read (somewhere on the Whole30 site) that cravings only last 3 to 5 minutes, so theoretically if you go to another room and do something else for 3 to 5 minutes, the urge to do the bad habit will pass? We are on day 4, and I think this will be very relevant for us today. Let me know how it goes and good luck!

Archived