Anyone Starting the Day After Thanksgiving?!

Rebecca30

Hey everybody! Just finished "ISWF" and am raring to go! I have been mostly compliant for 2 weeks and completely compliant since Friday! (I finally finished the coffee creamer that I did not want to waste) Anyway, I am using all of this time before Thanksgiving to prepare myself and stock my pantry and test meals on the boyfriend. The only reason I am not starting right now is because it is just my father and I on Thanksgiving. I cook for him and he really looks forward to it and so do I. We have the same things every year and he really likes the tradition and this time with him is important to me. I feel this is a worth while sacrifice to start over for and I really don't mind. So the plan is to Whole30 it up from 11/10-11/21 then have Thanksgiving with Daddi-o make him keep the leftover pie and hop back on the wagon from 11/23-12/23. So, anyone "officially" starting 11/23??

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am doing a whole14 starting 11/23. I was planning on a whole30, but then one of my sons surprised me by telling me he was coming home for a visit on the 7th! That means there will be homemade pizza and a sushi night :).

I really like your plan and I am sure Daddi-o does too. :D

Yep. My bestie and I are in. Starting Saturday after Thanksgiving so we can still participate in Black Friday madness with food/drinks out. I'm most nervous about no diet sodas or coffee. I'm sure to be a big grouch without caffeine. I'll be checking in to see others.

Good Luck to you! Have you done a whole30 before? I have not.

Hey Rebecca,

i did the whole30 from Sept 22 thru Oct 21. Doing the 14 will keep me solidly grounded through the holidays! I like the guard rails :).

Speaking of the caffeine, I am weaning now so that starting Friday I can be coffee free. :wacko:

Oh I would love to start another Whole30 the day after Thanksgiving!! I definitely need help! I did a Whole30 in August and felt absolutely wonderful ... but my motivation to start another one has just not been there at all. I have started and stopped a second Whole30 at least 5 or 6 times since August 30th, so I'm dying for another one! The only problem is that I was planning on having a Christmas party on December 1st ... I wanted to enjoy an adult beverage that night -- should I give it up, or start right after? or do a Whole7 (ha!) and then a Whole23 afterwards?!? So many choices!

Yay!! So many people! I am pumped for this! I have been easing into eating this way and had completed a Whole10. I was feeling awesome no joint pain or stomach problems and then I ate a piece of cheesecake. I sort of just did it to see if it was delicious like I remembered. Well, it was SUPER sweet and a total gut bomb. :wacko: I felt awful. That was all the motivation I needed. November 23rd, here I come!!

I'm in for Friday. I signed up for the daily emails too to start then. I'm already thinking it might turn into a Whole 45 for me though.

This is my first Whole 30. This is my first post. :)

I got the book on my Kindle a couple of weeks ago. I'm a big health nut already, but the book had insights into some stuff that clicked for me.... like understanding that Braum's Eggnog Ice Cream is not actually magical but clicks with my survival brain/instincts was very helpful.

Yes! I am starting Thursday actually. But maybe will now move to the day after thanksgiving. Had an unexpected dinner invite. Doing the big meal tonight tho. I need to so this with all the temptation that is everywhere. I WANT this to keep me on the straight and narrow through to the new year. So I will also be doing the plan through to dec 31.

Yes!! I saw the Illinois connection too!! In northern Illinois it is going to be 60 degrees tomorrow! Woohoo! And to second slw, It Starts With Food was AMAZING! And a little scary too when you find out what some of these foods do to you. It gave me all the motivation I needed!

I am on day 30 of my first and extremely successful Whole30. I was 100% compliant and lost 6 lbs as well as restless sleep, body aches and pains, skin rashes and more. I'm going to have pie and mashed potatoes but, otherwise not go crazy tomorrow and then start a second w30 on Friday. This time, my hubby is also on board because he sees such a difference in me. Good luck to everyone. Thank you for starting the FB group. Happy Thanksgiving!

I just joined the FB group. Thanks for starting it! I am on Day 30 and will start my second W30 on Friday. I love this lifestyle. It's well worth the sacrifices, expense and extra cooking and cleaning effort. Hang in there, newbies. No cheats, no slips=great results.

Archived