Anyone Starting the Day After Thanksgiving?!

Rebecca30

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great idea, I'm in! I don't have social occasions centering around food during the holidays (I'm a singer so all of my holiday events involve me getting onstage and singing for other folks). So yes, the day after Thanksgiving I'll go through Christmas Eve.

I've been about 50% compliant since my Whole30 ended Oct. 23, and I enjoyed taking time off to have some special meals during a family visit. It was quite wonderful, actually. I'm looking forward to another true Whole30 though. For me the physical effects have been dramatic, but even more astonishing have been the mental/emotional effects. I'm really shocked at how food has been affecting my moods and my entire outlook on life. I had planned to restart the Whole30 after the holidays, but I am so occupied with musical performances during this season that I think my brain and body will be better suited to a Whole30 between T-Day and C-Day, so to speak. I'm off to join the FB group.

Thanks for the inspiration!

yay!!! i am super glad there are so many of us. i will need the support for sure! i just had my first meal and i need to read more about the specifics and get onboard with the book as well. i have been mostly paleo in the past, so i know the "basics" but there are some questions i still have and i think the added inspiration in the book would be good too. :-) i am also excited so many of you are joining the FB group!! :D

I'll probably be going at a Whole 45 since I want to be really on my game when I start adding stuff back in to ferret out food reactions. That would be difficult on Christmas so better to stay on program through the holidays.

My mantra leading up to starting is "I'm 100% compliant on Whole 30". :)

Day one was a success. I am so pumped up. I feel like I have my healthy food mojo back again!! I so easily get off kilter... I needed this!! Slight headache last night and more tired than usual. But I'm sure it's a direct result of no sugar and crap carbohydrates. My body will adjust and I will feel great!

I'm in as well - today is day 1. And happy to have found a thread with people in the same stage :)

I have been vegetarian since I was 11 (OMG, for about 20 years) with on and off vegan periods, but apparently it has not served me completely well because I can't get rid of my sugar cravings. I will see how things go, I won't indulge into meats from one day to the next, but I guess I will bit by bit add things that I haven't eaten in many years back into my nutrition.

Looking forward to this - and your news!

Good Luck today AmyS! I wish I had your weather today! Brrr!

It's brilliant sunshine today, which is lovely. But we just got back from a trip to see my dad in Minnesota, and we LOVED the brisk weather and snow flurries. We had the best time in the snow!

I'm starting today, too. So far so good. I don't eat red meat or poultry, so it's just going to be eggs and fish for me, but I'm not really that worried about it. The thing that I imagine will be hardest to give up is beans. I eat a lot of beans. Cheese will be hard, too, even though I eat a lot less of it. I'm excited to be on the road to 30 days. All the best to you guys, too!

Great Pnterest board!

Are we going to post to this thread or elsewhere as we nom our way to 30 days?

3 meals, compliant and delicious.

I did get a little cold between brekkie and lunch, but I know my body will "get it" how to stop expecting between meal snacks like hot chocolate to keep running.

I'm starting a day late, but starting! I got ISWF back out yesterday evening to read again. I had planned to start yesterday, had a great breakfast but we started tearing down an old barn, we were so dang hungry we had turkey sandwiches....I didn't eat "bad" just not Whole 30 compliant, I didn't have any food cooked (except left over turkey) This morning while hubby is feeding livestock (we have our own beer/pork t hank goodness!) I'm getting some whole 30 veggies cooked so I won't be scarffing down whatever is available for lunch. I need to hit the grocery for more veggies/fruit, but it won't happen today we have too much work to do. Off now to check out the FB page!

I will add my 2¢ in here. I am on my third whole 30. My favorite time saver is to steam saute a bunch of veggies once a week. I cut up nappa cabbage, broccoli, cauli and whatever else looks good. As I wash each of them, I put them in a pan with just the water clinging to them. After lightly steaming each one separately I run cold water on them to stop the cooking. Then I package them up and all I have to do is grab them and throw them in a pan with a bunch of pork. I also put a whole spag squash in my slow cooker on high for 3-4 hours and then cut it open, discard the seeds and shred the rest into a container. Such a time saver and takes the drudgery out of prepping veggies 3 times a day. :)

This is what I do as well! I dial up some Netflix on my kindle, prop it up on the kitchen counter and chop/saute away.

What a fun idea. I didn't even know that you can get Netflix in a Fire. Tell me more. Is there an app that I need to download first?

Archived