Anyone Starting the Day After Thanksgiving?!

Rebecca30

I'm late posting, but I also started my first Whole 30 yesterday...the day after Thanksgiving. I have been Paleo/Primal since late February, but have been letting stuff too much dairy & honey & primalized goodies slip into my regular diet, therefore digestive problems and blemishes...sigh...most likely the dairy. I'm excited to have a place for support, besides my Primal hubby. ;)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a fun idea. I didn't even know that you can get Netflix in a Fire. Tell me more. Is there an app that I need to download first?

Yep! There is an app for that! On the home screen there is a bar of choices right under the search bubble. There is one that says "Apps" just touch it and search for Netflix. The app was free.

Since you crave gum, this will be a good opportunity to tame that dragon by starving it. :) I think I have seen the mods say that chewing gum causes your body to expect food. I have not changed my toothpaste because it isn't swallowed.

Julieo, good job so far, stay on track.

Recalling own experiences, I'm just a little afraid you are VERY ambitious with quitting gum and caffeine in diet coke and coffee AND whole30 at the same time.

How about you allow yourself at least black coffee (because it works with whole30)? If after 15 days you decide you can cut that out as well, great job.

And I've had that gum issue a couple of years ago - the only thing that finally worked for me was just not buying it anymore, "starving the dragon", as Susan said. After a week, you'll be fine, and within a couple of weeks you will wonder what was it that got you so addicted to it in the first place.

Very personal opinion: Please keep using toothpaste instead of baking soda, because the latter stuff will wreck your teeth if you use it on a daily basis.

All the best!

Meals so far aren't a problem. I like the yummy veg. What is the most bothersome is GUM. I am always chewing gum. Any suggestions?? I miss the motion and the flavor. And toothpaste what is everyone brushing with?? Baking soda??

I miss my gum also...:( Gum has been the most tempting item, apparently, I had a pretty big Gum Monkey on my back.

I use http://www.amazon.com/ToothPowder-ExtraBrite-No-Fluoride-Eco-Dent/dp/B000Q41TOG/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1353877178&sr=8-10&keywords=ecodent+tooth+powder to brush.

Also, yesterday when I was going crazy wanting to have a cleaner feeling mouth after a walk, I did one drop of Young Living Peppermint oil. (you must be a member or buy from a seller).

Also, I've heard that swishing with aloe and water helps, but not 100% sure about aloe on Whole 30.

I think this is a perfect time of year to dive into Whole30 and am thrilled I found it. Someone referred to "post-Thanksgiving disgust" in another post and that hit the nail right on the head. I watch my weight closely and that extra three pounds was a big red flag. I've been doing 90% Paleo since last March (the 10% being wine, polenta, fresh parmesan and the occasional bit of chocolate), so I don't expect re-entry to be any great shocker to my system. But it's great to find this little community hunkering down for the holidays!

Kippers are my jam! Those things are so good. I'm making some ratatouille for dinner and I think I'll serve it with some eggy crepes. I've been going back and forth between feeling satisfied and excited to feeling hungry and like nothing I can eat will satisfy me. I'm also a little bit bummed about an end of the semester party at which I won't be having any wine. Oh well. Life goes on.

I LOVE kippers!

Anyway, day 4 dunzo! More than 10% done! :P Quick recap...breakfast was 3 eggs in coconut oil, 1/2 a butternut squash and a cup of coffee. Lunch was steak with steamed broccoli with olive oil and a small apple. Dinner was a pork loin chop with more brocolli and cinnamon pumpkin apples on the side.

Now off to do some biology home work with another cup of coffee on the side.

How was everyone's day?

I am totally new here but not new to paleo and primalism. I just wanted to say good job to y'all so far AND that this thread gave me the courage the start my Whole30 on December.1st instead of January.1st which was my initial plan.

I have found something even my lazy cooking self loves.... Butternut squash with melted coconut oil and dried coconut and cinnamon. This could become my new on the go breakfast. Almost like pumpkin pie in a coffee cup and a spoon.

I'm so rocking this day 5 except for the blinding headache that I have had for 3 days (it's better tonight, not gone, but better .)

Hope you are all well!!

I have found something even my lazy cooking self loves.... Butternut squash with melted coconut oil and dried coconut and cinnamon. This could become my new on the go breakfast. Almost like pumpkin pie in a coffee cup and a spoon.

I'm so rocking this day 5 except for the blinding headache that I have had for 3 days (it's better tonight, not gone, but better .)

Hope you are all well!!

I like that a lot, have to try that - thanks Julieo! My headache has left me after 3-4 days, I hope so does your's! All the best!

Archived