Where you athletic before Whole 30?

NewStart2014

I haven't been athletic for 20+ years but always liked sports in high school. Even then it was a fleeting moment.

I'm hoping to hear from others who have started exercising and getting fit during or after their first Whole 30.

How did you find coping with exercise pain and woes as well as balancing out the Whole 30 eating way?

What did you enjoy when you were a kid? I loved to swim and ride my bike. I started with those things. I also liked to dance so I made sure to have some upbeat songs in my play list. Those help me to pick up the pace. We take the dog for a walk as a family. You don't have to go from nothing to all out. I make sure to do yoga or a stretch class at least once a week. I love push ups and those can be done any time. Do you work better by yourself or with a trainer or in a class? Inside or out? Make sure you start with things you enjoy. As you build endurance and strength you can add more diversity. Exercise should not bring pain. There is a difference between pain and sore muscles.

I must say that I disliked sports and all forms of exercise in school. It wasn't until I got on my own that I discovered liked working out. I am doing Whole30 to enhance my fitness level. I've waxed and waned over the years on exerise. It wasn't until 8 years ago that I ventured into exercise again and never looked back. I started with Walk Away the Pounds. I also enrolled in Taekwondo with my husband and sons. When Walk Away the Pounds got too easy, I purchased videos of things I thought I'd enjoy and started weight training (which I love). Then I decided to start running to increase my cardio conditioning for sparring in Taekwondo. I've run numerous 5 & 10ks and will do my second half in December. I started with the Couch to 5k Program. Eventually, at the request of my Taekwondo instructor, I started fitness classes (kickboxing infused body pump type classes). Just this year, I decided to do sprint triathlons and completed three and also participated in my first 36 and 50 mile bike rides. Working out provides so many benefits - mentally and physically. It is my drug of choice. There is no pain involved. Can it be tough? Definitely! But I really get so much pleasure out of being able to accomplish certain things physically. I am in the best shape of my life. Lots of people find exercise to be drudgery so find something you like. Just start out small and see where it will take you. There are so many exercise choices.

Archived