Day 18 Tired and Headaches

Hoping for some insight! I'm on day 18 and I am so so tired! I also have a horrible daily headache which could not be related to the whole 30 at all. I'm experiencing back and neck pain which could totally be giving me the headaches. 

I wasn't sure if this was normal. I thought I would be experiencing the "tiger blood" by now . On days 4-7 I felt amazing! Then I hit a low energy week. I also started to look very different the last two weeks. I felt an improvement each day. My stomach was less bloated looking and I could tell I was dropping weight. Now I feel I'm kinda at a standstill if not a little worse looking than the weeks before. 

My workouts two weeks ago I felt awesome! The last two weeks I'm barely getting through them. My tiredness usually kicks in around 2-3pm and never returns ha ha. 

Im afraid maybe I'm eating something that could be effecting the program or maybe I'm not doing something right. Any info would be greatly appreciated. 

I plan on finishing the 30 days. We leave for vaca on day 29 so I will reintroduce alcohol that week. However when we return I do plan on starting up another 30 days and doing a proper reintroduction. 

What have you been eating @Brie Bacotti? Can you list out a few typical days worth of food, providing detail on portion size as the protein relates to the palm of your hand, types of veg, water intake & sleep? That way we'll be better equipped to help you troubleshoot...

• 2 weeks later...

This is what I'm feeling too! And it stinks :( I'm on day 19. I know I haven't been eating great, because I've been busy so I'm grabbing a lot of Whole 30 approved snacks, but I'm at least sticking to cutting out all the junk. I realllllly want sugar, still. I am so tired that I've stopped working out :( and I was working out pretty consistently before I started the program. HELP!

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, mamacote911 said:

This is what I'm feeling too! And it stinks :( I'm on day 19. I know I haven't been eating great, because I've been busy so I'm grabbing a lot of Whole 30 approved snacks, but I'm at least sticking to cutting out all the junk. I realllllly want sugar, still. I am so tired that I've stopped working out :( and I was working out pretty consistently before I started the program. HELP!

If you're not eating to the template and you're just snacking, then you're going to feel terrible... those types of whole30 approved 'snacks' are for emergencies and not for daily eating - not to mention there's no way that you're filling up a plate with proper ratios three times a day if youre snacking like that.  You have to make time unfortunately because you can see what not making time is doing.

1-2 palms of protein (ideally food you cook), added fat in quantities according to what you pick off the template and a plate FULL of veggies with one of those servings a day being a fist sized serving of starchy carb.  If you're not doing that, it's sustainable for a few days to undereat but nutrition is cumulative and you're now getting a first hand view of what happens when you don't follow the template unfortunately.

Archived