Aug 21st start date

Mel87067

Hello! My names Melissa and I'm starting the whole 30 on Monday, August 21st. I am turning 30 at the end of September so I figured the whole 30 challebge would be a great way to kickstart my 30s! 

This is my last weekend until the program starts.... I have started cutting out some of the items this week so I don't encounter such a shock on Monday! Any last minute recommendations to help me prepare this weekend would be greatly appreciated! 

-Mel-

Hello, I have been doing Whole 30 for the past week (this is the first time I have joined the forum) but think I have made a major mistake today. I took my daughter out to Qdoba and got the lettuce with carnitas and guacamole and a little bit of salsa. I read the ingredients and asked the manager for a list of ingredients and the carnitas and everything else I got had 0 sugar.  When I jumped online tonight I was reading that there was nothing "safe" at Qdoba except the lettuce when it comes to eating "Whole 30." Do I have to start all over then? I am determined to complete Whole 30 so, I just wondered. Thanks for any help. 

In response to Mel, it sounds like you are on the right path as you start Whole 30! For me, the best advice, so far, from all that I have read is to plan and prepare meals ahead of time. Best wishes as you start your Whole 30 journey. 

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, LydiaJo said:

Melissa,

I'm hoping we can get every into one post.

Hey there - we generally let people work out their own groups; each group has it's own personality and if they get too big, the moderators can't keep up so we let the groups grow organically. thanks!

I understand that they can get large but I've seen where they are so splintered that people cant find each other. Last time I was on 4 different groups of same day starters and got little from it except frustration.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, LydiaJo said:

I just wanted to help everyone find each other. I'll just go back to my corner and stop typing.

No one has suggested that you don't participate.  We get people occasionally trying to get one group together for a particular start date and this is always what we say because in our experience, the groups take on their own personalities and the huge ones don't get enough support.

Archived