I want food freedom. I don't wanna gain weight

Meiyonce

Am I bigger? 

Why am I breaking out?

I'm afraid all the time... I started reading the Food Freedom book and it is encouraging but at the same time makes me feel like I've already screwed up.

I don't know.. i'm feeling kinda anxious cause of my weekend get away (pizza, birthday cake.. beer) ... or the bucket of popcorn I ate on Tuesday... They opened a dunkin' donuts right down on the building I live... I've been waiting for the opening 'cause I knew they were gonna give free coffee and donuts (that was pre-whole30) and today was the day so I guessed a donut or some donut holes will be "worthy" since i've been waiting for that "free" treat. OK so I went there, asked for my free Americano and they gave me 10 Donut holes for free!! ... I haven't eaten any of them :( I really want to but you now.. fright... guilt... what if that donut hole is the start of a major falling of the wagon??? What if it all started the last weekend..and i'm alreadydown spiral...

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Meiyonce said:

Am I bigger? 

Why am I breaking out?

I'm afraid all the time... I started reading the Food Freedom book and it is encouraging but at the same time makes me feel like I've already screwed up.

I don't know.. i'm feeling kinda anxious cause of my weekend get away (pizza, birthday cake.. beer) ... or the bucket of popcorn I ate on Tuesday... They opened a dunkin' donuts right down on the building I live... I've been waiting for the opening 'cause I knew they were gonna give free coffee and donuts (that was pre-whole30) and today was the day so I guessed a donut or some donut holes will be "worthy" since i've been waiting for that "free" treat. OK so I went there, asked for my free Americano and they gave me 10 Donut holes for free!! ... I haven't eaten any of them :( I really want to but you now.. fright... guilt... what if that donut hole is the start of a major falling of the wagon??? What if it all started the last weekend..and i'm alreadydown spiral...

I think you need to take a deeeep breath!  If you find yourself spiraling out of control at some point, you have the answers and the tools to get yourself back on track. Not a single person, not even Melissa Hartwig did one Whole30 and then never ate another donut hole again.  Decide what is worth it (hopefully via the reintroductions you did so that you know whether a donut hole is going to give you raging poo-bum or not) and then assess at the time of consumption and after every bite if it's worth it.  You can google Melissa's 'one bite rule'.  

Being afraid of food - even food for fun - is not the right way to go... that's still giving it an AWFUL lot of power over you.  Dont' forget when reading FFF too, Melissa wrote it after being at this for ten years... you've been at this for how long? ;)  It's work, but worthy work... 

6 hours ago, SugarcubeOD said:

I think you need to take a deeeep breath!  If you find yourself spiraling out of control at some point, you have the answers and the tools to get yourself back on track. Not a single person, not even Melissa Hartwig did one Whole30 and then never ate another donut hole again.  Decide what is worth it (hopefully via the reintroductions you did so that you know whether a donut hole is going to give you raging poo-bum or not) and then assess at the time of consumption and after every bite if it's worth it.  You can google Melissa's 'one bite rule'.  

Being afraid of food - even food for fun - is not the right way to go... that's still giving it an AWFUL lot of power over you.  Dont' forget when reading FFF too, Melissa wrote it after being at this for ten years... you've been at this for how long? ;)  It's work, but worthy work... 

OMG .. THANK YOU , REALLY, THANK YOU.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting about this!!

I am going through a similar issue now. I have been slowly reintroducing different things but i'm afraid to just go back to "normal". Its hard, because i don't WANT or miss most of the food that i'm supposed to be reintroducing. I'm doing it, getting TONS of gas, bloating, cravings. Then i go back to my whole30ish way of eating and im happy again. I'm STARTING to get control over the idea of FF. The one bite rule is VERY helpful. Eat the doughnut hole, but REALLY think about it-is it good because its good, or is it good because its free? After reading FFF i realized how much i was eating because of guilt (people offering and not wanting to say no) and just my own "f*ck it" mentality. This past weekend I had my first REAL test, and i passed. I had ONE bite of an amazing desert my friend baked, and then stopped, later i had ONE more. and that was it. It was great (shes an amazing baker), but those 2 bites over 2 hours was all i actually wanted and the one bite rule and being mindful while eating really helped.

I still feel anxious. But i'm doing what makes me happy and physically comfortable first-and if i want to piece of cake....i just take one bite, breathe and think.  <3

• 3 months later...
On 30/8/2017 at 2:04 PM, TamiM said:

Thanks for posting about this!!

I am going through a similar issue now. I have been slowly reintroducing different things but i'm afraid to just go back to "normal". Its hard, because i don't WANT or miss most of the food that i'm supposed to be reintroducing. I'm doing it, getting TONS of gas, bloating, cravings. Then i go back to my whole30ish way of eating and im happy again. I'm STARTING to get control over the idea of FF. The one bite rule is VERY helpful. Eat the doughnut hole, but REALLY think about it-is it good because its good, or is it good because its free? After reading FFF i realized how much i was eating because of guilt (people offering and not wanting to say no) and just my own "f*ck it" mentality. This past weekend I had my first REAL test, and i passed. I had ONE bite of an amazing desert my friend baked, and then stopped, later i had ONE more. and that was it. It was great (shes an amazing baker), but those 2 bites over 2 hours was all i actually wanted and the one bite rule and being mindful while eating really helped.

I still feel anxious. But i'm doing what makes me happy and physically comfortable first-and if i want to piece of cake....i just take one bite, breathe and think.  <3

Haven't been here for a while... how's your FF life going? Mine went fine for a while and then I kinda made really bad choices and now i'm doing a Whole 21 before x-mas.

Archived