Morning grogginess

So I am now on day 20 and for the most part things are going well but the last week and a half or so something really odd has happened. Every day when I wake up I feel like I've been drugged. I get to bed quicker which is great because  I usually I have a lot of trouble with that. But it's seriously feels like my body is full of lead when I wake up in the morning. Like I downed a bottle of  NyQuil the night before. Has anyone else experienced this around this time? Do you think I'm still just kind of detoxing? Any information or stories would be helpful. 

Hmmmm - If I think back when I did my very first whole 30 I did have some issues with this.  I remember being fairly lethargic for a long period of time - well into days 20, and 21. 

How is your energy throughout the day?  Does it improve at all?

I will ask you for a run down on what you are eating - please give specifics like what types of vegetables you are eating and how much.  Also let us know if you are taking any medications or supplements.

My energy throughout the day seems to be steadily improving but it takes me at least a good hour and a cup of coffee for me to even get my bearings really. For breakfast I typically have 2 to 3 eggs, half an avocado, a little bit of roasted potato and some sort of protein as well like turkey bacon or ground bison.  My lunch sometimes end up looking I suppose like a mini meal, mostly because I'm just not hungry from the breakfast. Typically I'll have some sort of protein like chicken and either a fruit like an apple or a bed of greens or possibly sweet potatoes and maybe a handful of nuts. Dinner I stay away from potatoes and just stick to protein like  tuna salad or ground turkey and half An avocado or hard-boiled eggs mixed with a cup or two of greens.  I typically have about 2 cups of coffee per day and on average 1 cup of almond milk, unsweetened.  

I have had issues in the past where I sleep very heavy and had trouble waking up. But it seems like it's gotten far far worse on whole 30. I do take medicine- birth control and antidepressants. I'm just wondering if there's anything that would somehow amplify my sleep issues. Maybe I'm just going through detox? I just hope it doesn't last forever...

Archived