Day 15 - Only feeling more tired!

nole10

I too found this thread after googling the topic. This is my second "tour" on Whole30. I'm on Day 23--followed the protocols to a t--but have to say that none of the published accounts of how I will feel at various milestones have been accurate--mood, energy, cravings, etc.  Both times I did this my energy level has been terrible throughout the entire time. My wife and I are doing this together, and her experience is the same.  

And yes, we're eating carbs. Mostly potatoes. 

Between you and me, I can tell you that bowel movements have been consistently frightening from about day 8 onward...both times.  And both of us have been generally grumpy throughout the process.

Does this mean I am anti-Whole30? Not at all. I'm doing it for the weight loss, and that part works. And I can confirm that I'm sleeping great at night (because I'm exhausted all the time?). But I've learned to take about half of what I read about the program with a big grain of salt. Claims surrounding "psychological benefits" are dubious, in my personal experience. But I'm fine with that, as long as we're being honest about, "results will vary."

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, Spivs said:

I too found this thread after googling the topic. This is my second "tour" on Whole30. I'm on Day 23--followed the protocols to a t--but have to say that none of the published accounts of how I will feel at various milestones have been accurate--mood, energy, cravings, etc.  Both times I did this my energy level has been terrible throughout the entire time. My wife and I are doing this together, and her experience is the same.  

And yes, we're eating carbs. Mostly potatoes. 

Between you and me, I can tell you that bowel movements have been consistently frightening from about day 8 onward...both times.  And both of us have been generally grumpy throughout the process.

Does this mean I am anti-Whole30? Not at all. I'm doing it for the weight loss, and that part works. And I can confirm that I'm sleeping great at night (because I'm exhausted all the time?). But I've learned to take about half of what I read about the program with a big grain of salt. Claims surrounding "psychological benefits" are dubious, in my personal experience. But I'm fine with that, as long as we're being honest about, "results will vary."

My suspicion for you not feeling good energy and mood wise is that you're probably not eating enough.  It's good you're eating carbs but are you also eating 3 meals to the template including fat and a plate full of veggies?  

I don't know what is frightening about your bowel movements so I can't comment on that but if you can list out a few days of meals including portion sizes, specific veggies, fat, fruit and protein, maybe something stands out that might be a small adjustment to make you feel better.

Results will absolutely vary... how closely people follow the recommendations in addition to the rules will change the experience as well as what the eating history is of the person participating in the program.

Archived