September 1st- Austin, TX support group?

Laura S Austin

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on my second right round now. Day...15. I like that I have to figure it out since I'm not counting anymore! :P I'm in Austin as well

Big tip. If you find yourself *needing* to eat out (business lunch, etc), see if you can make it happen at Picnik. It's a paleoish restaurant that knows whole30. Many of their menu items are compliant or can be made so with minor tweaks. Asking them is much better than other restaurants!

My first round was about a year and a half ago and it was great. I already eat pretty clean and am mostly wheat and dairy free but have a sugar/emotional eating thing. It was very helpful as a reset for these things. A year and a couple of stressful life events later I'm needing to reset again. After some thought about jumping back in I decided to do a modified Whole 30 (which is really not a Whole 30- I know). I've got high cholesterol and an affection for animals and decided I'm not willing to let go of legumes, wild rice and tempeh over the long haul, so I'm keeping those in my diet this time. All of that is to say I'm probably not the right person to start a group since I'm not technically following the diet. 

Picnik is great by the way. Hope you're off to a great start! Good luck! 

Between my first round and this one, I tried several "modified" Whole30s. For instance, I allowed myself cream and sugar in ONE coffee in the morning. I never did complete any of those attempts. I've decided this time I need to go full on strict. Then cream and sugar (or whatever I *really* miss) will be my first reintroduction. Surprisingly, I'm not missing that at the moment. It could be because I've discovered the Picnik coffee with ghee and collagen. It's soooo good. I can't afford a $6.50 coffee every day but a once a month treat is certainly worth it. I should also just make it at home! :D 

Oh, just thought I'd praise Picnik yet again for something. I ordered the cappuccino and asked for ghee instead of butter. The waiter came back a few minutes later and asked if I also wanted to switch the whey for collagen to make it completely dairy free. I hadn't even noticed it had whey in it! :wacko: Pretty awesome when a place goes out of its way to make sure you are getting what you want and is familiar with various dietary goals!

Archived