Chicken, apple and sweet potato skillet.

Sharon Simpson Thumann

Yummmo!

~~***Chicken, Sweet Potato, and Apple Skillet ***~~

Ingredients:

1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2" cubes

4 tsp olive oil(I used a combo of ghee and coconut oil)

3 slices 30% less fat center cut bacon (we used Oscar Mayer), chopped Use ( I used my own bacon, but you can use any compliant bacon)

1½ c Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered (swapped in cabbage since the hubs refuses to eat brussel sprouts)

1 med sweet potato (8 oz), peeled and cut into 1/2" cubes

1 med onion, chopped

2 Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 3/4" cubes ( used granny smith, I prefer them over other apples)

4 cloves garlic, sliced

1 tsp chopped fresh thyme or 1/4 tsp dried

1/4 tsp ground cinnamon

1 c reduced-sodium chicken broth(I used homemade stock)

1/8 tsp salt

Directions:

1. SEASON chicken lightly with salt. Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in large nonstick frying pan or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until lightly browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Transfer to plate.

2. RETURN pan to heat and add remaining 2 teaspoons oil. Stir in bacon and cook until starting to brown, about 2 minutes. Add Brussels sprouts, sweet potato, and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in apples, garlic, thyme, and cinnamon. Cook 3 minutes. Pour in 1/2 cup of the broth, bring to a boil, and cook until evaporated, about 2 minutes. Add reserved chicken and remaining 1/2 cup broth. Season with the salt and black pepper as needed. Cook until hot, about 2 minutes.

Servings: 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived