I am a relatively serious runner.  I've been running my whole life including half-marathons and a marathon.  Since beginning this program I have felt lethargic, which I expected based on this forum.  However, today I ran 4 miles on the treadmill and my quads are on fire!  Is there something I need to add from a nutritional standpoint.  I had a baked sweet potato yesterday and ground turkey and eggs this morning.  

19 minutes ago, jjfoste2 said:

I am a relatively serious runner.  I've been running my whole life including half-marathons and a marathon.  Since beginning this program I have felt lethargic, which I expected based on this forum.  However, today I ran 4 miles on the treadmill and my quads are on fire!  Is there something I need to add from a nutritional standpoint.  I had a baked sweet potato yesterday and ground turkey and eggs this morning.  

What day are you on?  make sure you're using lean protein and starchy carb within 30-40 min of your workout to help aid in recovery.  Drink lots of water (1/2oz per pound of body weight) and salt your food.  If you're still not fat adapted, then this is not that surprising.

Just now, jjfoste2 said:

Day 10.  Quite a bit of protein. Maybe I need more starchy carbs.  I drink tons of water.  Maybe it was just an off day.  

You're likely not fat adapted at this point so give it a few more days and I bet that you come back here and you're sailing through your runs :)