New here and have serious trouble with willpower

Jenabean

11 hours ago, Jenabean said:

That's the kind of inspiration I need. I'm very depressed and don't even want to leave the house bc of how insecure I feel. I've never been overweight prior to a couple of years ago. The last 2 years it's been so hard to lose weight and just feel good again. How much weight did you lose in the first month?

Hey, sorry, I missed that you asked another question.  I don't recall exactly how much weight loss was in the first month, but it came off pretty quickly so maybe 15 lbs?  That seems like a lot to me, but keep in mind I was obese.  I've lost 35 pounds and still would like to lose 20 more.  

I feel you on depression - I've had clinical depression my entire life and it sucks.  Mine is well controlled with medication, and therapy over the years.  I have noticed an improvement in my mood and spirits since doing the whole 30.  Nothing specific or tangible, I just feel calmer and better.

I am pretty much continuing to eat whole 30, but just not being militant about an added sugar here, or a bit of dairy there.  I like what I'm eating, and I like how I feel eating this way.  I don't really miss anything too badly.  Certain things still SOUND good, but not having them is not a big sacrifice

I hope you will do a whole30, and I hope you get magical results.  I am amazed at how it's improved my physical, and to a lesser extent, mental well-being.

@Jenabean

what helped me feel more confident about starting whole30 was trying a few recipes from the book before actually starting. That way I had a few go-to meals I knew I would like and could put in the weeks mealplan once I started. 

You can do this! You grew a human being inside of you!! You can do anything you put your mind to! Just don't give up or be too hard on yourself. Every step forward, no matter how big or small is still forward. One day at a time...sometimes one meal at a time. 

You aren't alone! 

Archived