Supermarket Chicken Breasts

Krafty

Hi, All I'm almost finished with my first whole30 but I have a question. My local supermarkets only sell chicken breasts which say on the label "contains up to 5-10 percent broth solution." I have looked every place and they all say the same thing. I have avoided it so far because I don't know whats in the broth and have been buying the chicken thighs because the only ingredient is chicken thighs. Any help would be appreciated, I would like to add chicken breasts to my diet.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Krafty said:

Hi, All I'm almost finished with my first whole30 but I have a question. My local supermarkets only sell chicken breasts which say on the label "contains up to 5-10 percent broth solution." I have looked every place and they all say the same thing. I have avoided it so far because I don't know whats in the broth and have been buying the chicken thighs because the only ingredient is chicken thighs. Any help would be appreciated, I would like to add chicken breasts to my diet.

Can you ask the store??  It would be impossible for us to be able to tell you what's in the product.

I don't have a large selection where I live, rural area.  The stores all have the prepackaged factory brands, Tyson,  and Golden Plump. Each store will have an organic chicken breasts option but that's it. Every one, even the organic has 5-10 percent solution of chicken broth. The frozen breasts have the broth solution as well. I was just wondering if every package of chicken breasts has this? My understanding it they use it to plump up the breast to make them look bigger. 

• Moderators

Hmm... you may need to contact the company... I would even if I wasn't on a Whole30 because broth could have any number of weird things in it that I"d not want to put into my body (soy, carageenan etc).

I don't have this type of chicken packaging here, we have the grocery store stuff they pack themselves that's just chicken.

Archived