Spots :-(

Jayne H

• Moderators

Skin issues do sometimes get worse before they get better, so it may just be that if you hang in there it'll get better. In general, from what I've seen on the forum, people find that skin issues are some of the slowest issues to clear up.

Some people do have issues with certain foods, even though those foods are completely Whole30 compliant. Is there something you're eating a lot more of than you have in the past, or something new that you've added that you'd never had before? If you notice something definite like that, especially if your skin was getting clearer and then just in the last week you started noticing issues, and there's something you've had a lot of just before you started breaking out, you could try cutting that out for a bit and see if that helps.

I have also heard of people reacting to BPA in the lining of cans (like of coconut milk) that causes skin issues -- if you're using canned coconut milk or tomatoes or anything, you can look for options with BPA-free packaging and see if that helps.

Thank you Shannon, I'm definitely eating lots more eggs (at least 2/3 per day), and I did read another post that said that when eggs were removed from her diet, her skin improved so I may try this - but they're so quick & easy and delicious.

Archived