Learning so much

Fonzie

Hi. I love this forum. I started August 1 and had a bad slip on August 13. Went to a fancy birthday party at an Italian restaurant. I checked ahead and planned my compliant meal. To my disappointment it was family style and I had no choice. I had a small taste of every bad food including cake. I was so mad at myself! I started again August 24. Tho plan is saving my life. I have rediscovered the joy of cooking. I am experiencing leg pains at night and I think it's sugar and phony sugar withdrawal. I can't wait to be clean. Thank you for all your support!

Fonzie, I had leg cramping too and it was because I wasn't getting enough sodium and electrolytes - I was getting so much sodium from processed foods, and when I eliminated them I had problems.  Try adding more salt and I've heard magnesium supplements help; definitely make sure you are drinking enough water.  

I have rediscovered the joy of cooking too - my roommate laughs (supportively) at how much cooking I am doing.  I share my food with her, and I am a pretty capable cook, so she likes it :D 

5 hours ago, Fonzie said:

Thanks Jim. I know my body is purging many years of diet soda too. Ugh. So glad to be off that poison!

It was diet Dr Pepper for me - hardly miss it at all, and VERY glad to not be ingesting it...

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, Jim4884 said:

It was diet Dr Pepper for me - hardly miss it at all, and VERY glad to not be ingesting it...

Used to be Coke Zero for me and then after that those little Nestea packets you put in water... it was a SERIOUS addiction in that I would get up in the middle of the night to drink it... Your tastebuds change so much in such a short amount of time that even the thought of putting that toxic slurry into your body will give you pause... I haven't had anything outside of water, coffee, tea and kombucha for years... it's possible and it's GREAT! @Fonzie

Archived