My intent is set for September 1st.

Hello All,

My name is Yolanda and I will begin The Whole 30 on Friday. In preparation, I am finishing up reading The Whole 30 book, joined this forum, and I have been gradually tapering off of refined carbohydrates. I have also increased my water intake and this alone has improved my feeling of well-being. I look forward to the healthy possibilities of this journey. :rolleyes:

41 minutes ago, Jenabean said:

My husband and I are also starting September 1st. Good luck! I hope we can do it bc my willpower isn't that strong. 

You both will do it!

Hello Yolanda and Jenabean, my name is Shelly and I will also be starting W30 on Sept 1.  This is my 3rd W30! It seems every 6 months I need to kickstart my healthy eating habits.   I did the first 2 rounds with my husband and that was very helpful (esp the first one).  He doesn't feel a need to do another W30 this time but since I do 90% of the food shopping and cooking, he has to come along for the ride.  He also understands that he cannot bring noncompliant food into the house.  

I am 61 years old and fighting chronic inflammation--thyroid issues, cranky knees, periodontal issues.  The W30 helped with these issues.  I need to get back to eating right to feel good.  

I am trying to use these last few days to get close to the W30.  On Friday I will give up my coffe with milk and sugar!  I like starting on a Friday because if I can get thru Fri then I have the weekend to deal with any "hangover" before returning to work.  This time I will have a Monday holiday as well.  

Looking forward to sharing the journey.

I'm going to be starting on September 1st as well! I'm really looking forward to it - and the community aspect. I've never tried a diet like this with so much support and with so many resources! 

The movement isn't as large here in OZ though, and we don't have stores like Trader Jo or places that sell specially marked 'W30 compliant' products, so I have to find a lot of alternatives to things that are talked about.

Hoping to find one or two other blokes starting on the same day too!

Good Luck Everyone!

@Southie you don't need Trader Joe's or any special store to be successful at W30.  Just go to the supermarket and buy lots of fresh vegetables, the best quality meat you can find/afford, and start building healthy delicious meals!  Don't think about replacing foods with W30 compliant foods, think about all the wonderful food that is readily available and dive in.  I admit there are a few things I can't find in the supermarket and I order them online--coconut aminos come to mind.

September in the US is the perfect time to do a W30 because fresh food is so abundant here at this time of year.  The farmers markets are in full swing.  You are just coming into spring, right?  I did a W30 last winter and prepared lots of delicious meals.  This community will help you do this without a Trader Joe's. 

16 hours ago, ShellyM said:

Hello Yolanda and Jenabean, my name is Shelly and I will also be starting W30 on Sept 1.  This is my 3rd W30! It seems every 6 months I need to kickstart my healthy eating habits.   I did the first 2 rounds with my husband and that was very helpful (esp the first one).  He doesn't feel a need to do another W30 this time but since I do 90% of the food shopping and cooking, he has to come along for the ride.  He also understands that he cannot bring noncompliant food into the house.  

I am 61 years old and fighting chronic inflammation--thyroid issues, cranky knees, periodontal issues.  The W30 helped with these issues.  I need to get back to eating right to feel good.  

I am trying to use these last few days to get close to the W30.  On Friday I will give up my coffe with milk and sugar!  I like starting on a Friday because if I can get thru Fri then I have the weekend to deal with any "hangover" before returning to work.  This time I will have a Monday holiday as well.  

Looking forward to sharing the journey.

ShellyM,

I'm sending you good vibes for this journey. I just signed up for Movie Pass, I will be able to see any movie, once a day for $9.95 a month. This will be my non-food treat but I might not have thought it through...the concessions smells may be too much, popcorn etc...:wacko: I will let you know how it works out. Stay in touch!

16 hours ago, Southie said:

I'm going to be starting on September 1st as well! I'm really looking forward to it - and the community aspect. I've never tried a diet like this with so much support and with so many resources! 

The movement isn't as large here in OZ though, and we don't have stores like Trader Jo or places that sell specially marked 'W30 compliant' products, so I have to find a lot of alternatives to things that are talked about.

Hoping to find one or two other blokes starting on the same day too!

Good Luck Everyone!

Hello Southie,

I'm sending good vibes to you, too! I imagine you have access to amazing seafood, that's a plus, if you like seafood. We can do this! Stay in touch!

Archived