Oatmeal after Whole 30

I am already dreaming of what I will add back in first once the Whole 30 is over. I am on day 18 and feel FANTASTIC!

Is oatmeal really that bad for you? Steel cut oats? Honestly, out of everything i have eliminated, this has been the hardest for me! (besides the wine. Ha!)

Are there ANY grains that are suitable post whole 30?

So...this is going to be a bit of a personal decision. You should carefully add single things back to your diet after your whole30 and you should pretty quickly get a sense for how they make you feel. My guess is you won't feel great. From my personal perspective, if you truly research what happens in your body when you consume something like oatmeal, you wouldn't really crave it again. There is really just no nutritional value in grains and I don't consider them worth the ill-effects they impose on your gut. But if you can't live without it and it doesn't make you feel crappy, you should have your oatmeal!

ok, good to know! Thank you! I have yet to decide what will be my first slow introduction. oatmeal or wine. Surprisingly enough, I don't even miss the sugar (candy, cookies, cake,) that much, if at all!

Archived