Day Six--need some suggestions!

Hi everyone,

It's day six and I'm getting a little discouraged--feeling a bit dizzy and lethargic for the past three days. Also very irritable. I know this is to be expected the first two weeks, but need someone to look at what I'm eating and see if maybe I'm missing something?

Here's today's menu:

breakfast: two cups black coffee, palm sized serving of canned wild salmon, oven-roasted kale, 1/2 avocado, small yellow potato baked with drizzle of olive oil. Everything salted. two large glasses of water.

snack: raw almonds(about 30),lara bar, green tea.

lunch: palm sized serving of wild salmon, tossed salad with oil and vinegar(lettuce, cucumbers), two small yellow potatoes baked. teaspoon of coconut oil(organic), unsweetened applesauce

snack: small cup black coffee.

dinner: 8 shrimp in vegetable stir fry--broccoli, sugar snap peas. large amount of vegetables stir fried in coconut oil. Also, teaspoon of raw coconut oil.

The extra caffeine was because I was dragging so much. I've taken three naps today! My sleep is out of whack too, I'm exhausted by  8-9 pm, and wide awake at three am!

Should I increase the protein? Oh, I do drink tons of water--at least 8 cups daily, and salt everything!

Thanks! Kathy

--

• Moderators

Eat more :)

Seriously tho, the template is a range and I see you're eating at the low end of it, so make it two palms of salmon a whole avocado and a plate full of veggies.  Oven roasted kale?  How much?  LIke an entire farmers market bunch of kale?  Cause once roasted/chewed down, that's what would be needed to fill your plate.

Careful with the nuts, they're meant to be limited... we usually give the metric of a closed handful everyother day at most... a closed handful is about 8 almonds, max... so you're almost 4 servings there.  Larabars are intended for emergencies only.  If you're hungry between meals such that you need to eat, the go ahead and eat but make it a protein and fat mini meal (like a hardboiled egg and a blop of mayo or some chicken salad and cukes).

Stop drinking coffee before noon, it won't help your hormones and overall wellness to be messing with caffine and sleep patterns.

Water consumption is 1/2 oz per pound of body weight... not sure if you meant actual cups as in 8oz or like a glass etc... but calculate your own weight and then figure out how much to drink and good job on the salting. 

I think you'll do better if you eat more.

On 8/28/2017 at 8:30 PM, SugarcubeOD said:

Eat more :)

Seriously tho, the template is a range and I see you're eating at the low end of it, so make it two palms of salmon a whole avocado and a plate full of veggies.  Oven roasted kale?  How much?  LIke an entire farmers market bunch of kale?  Cause once roasted/chewed down, that's what would be needed to fill your plate.

Careful with the nuts, they're meant to be limited... we usually give the metric of a closed handful everyother day at most... a closed handful is about 8 almonds, max... so you're almost 4 servings there.  Larabars are intended for emergencies only.  If you're hungry between meals such that you need to eat, the go ahead and eat but make it a protein and fat mini meal (like a hardboiled egg and a blop of mayo or some chicken salad and cukes).

Stop drinking coffee before noon, it won't help your hormones and overall wellness to be messing with caffine and sleep patterns.

Water consumption is 1/2 oz per pound of body weight... not sure if you meant actual cups as in 8oz or like a glass etc... but calculate your own weight and then figure out how much to drink and good job on the salting. 

I think you'll do better if you eat more.

Thanks for you wise advice, which I followed yesterday. I slept much better after stopping all caffeine after twelve, and my energy levels were steadier too after increasing my protein portions and vegetables. I limited nuts to 8, as you suggested, and will not have any today. Increased water too, wasn't drinking as much as I thought. Just need to get rid of that daily Lara bar!  Thanks again!

Archived