30 days with no wine!?

StacieML

I do not normally join forums or comment but trying to follow all the recommended steps for success including getting support and encouragement. I'm on day 2 and feeling that icky, tired, head fog feeling. Having tea right now instead of my nightly glass of red wine.

I'm on day 2 and I'm with you. I miss my evening glass of wine. I don't feel head fog, but feel terribly bloated. I think I'll make some tea as well... thank you for the idea. :)  My wonderful coworker friend said she'd have some wine for me tonight :(  

Thank you Maylin! This made me smile! I'm going to need ideas of alternate things to have as a drink at night that is not just water. Going to have to stock the cupboard with 595 flavors of herbal tea then drink it from a wine glass :D

I stop missing the ritual of a glass of wine after about a week. It still is hard at social gatherings though. But you'll be surprised how quickly you can kick those habits! It just takes doing it for a long time for it to stick. :)

The wine glass might be the added touch we need.  In my tea stash I found a Tazo "passion" tea that is red in color. It has Hibiscus Flower, Natural Tropical Flavors, Citric Acid, Licorice Root, Orange Peel, Cinnamon, Rose Hips, Lemongrass, and Fruit Juice Extract. Is fruit juice extract compliant? I know Citric Acid is allowed and fruit juice is compliant, but what about Fruit Juice Extract. Time for research. I remember this tea has a pretty red color, so maybe I can trick myself, especially if I serve it in a wine glass. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Maylin said:

The wine glass might be the added touch we need.  In my tea stash I found a Tazo "passion" tea that is red in color. It has Hibiscus Flower, Natural Tropical Flavors, Citric Acid, Licorice Root, Orange Peel, Cinnamon, Rose Hips, Lemongrass, and Fruit Juice Extract. Is fruit juice extract compliant? I know Citric Acid is allowed and fruit juice is compliant, but what about Fruit Juice Extract. Time for research. I remember this tea has a pretty red color, so maybe I can trick myself, especially if I serve it in a wine glass. 

Yep, go ahead, the fruit juice concentrate is fine.  Be careful with putting hot tea in a wine glass tho... yikes!

Archived