Starting Sept 1st

Shradha

I'm in! Starting today.  This is my 3rd W30.  *Aurora* I think we did our last round together back in Feb.  I have also gone very far afield this summer and need to push that reset button.  

Its a beautiful day here in metro NYC! 

I'm in for a September reset.  I've done multiple Whole30s over the past few years...my last one in July.

Sadly, I did lots of food prep yesterday and had a few kitchen disasters......my meatballs are dry, my zucchini soup is lacking flavor, my tuna salad is funky......BUT I made these wings and they are the BEST wings I've ever tasted ANYWHERE!  http://primalbitesblog.com/2013/07/26/paleo-buffalo-wings/  I used regular tabasco and ghee in the recipe. Seriously! You should try these if you like hot wings.

I'll still eat my "bad" food...I don't like to waste and Whole30 has changed the way I feel about food.  I'm dipping the meatballs into mayo to tolerate them right now.  

Happy Day 1 everyone.

Hi all! I am starting my second Whole30 today! I did my first in June-July and loved the health benefits I gained and the happiness I felt.... but halfway through reintro, life and old food habits intervened so I never got to finish my reintroduction. This time, I'm hoping to stick it all the way through... not only the 30 days, but a good, systematic reintro as well! I was on summer teaching break last time, so fingers crossed that my kitchen-slowpoke self can manage food prep now that my semester has started. :)

I'm in for the September restart also, this will be my 2nd round. I too allowed  "old habits" to take over my reintroduction, so this time I'm really trying to focus on my triggers. I'm looking forward to feeling spunky again, happy day one everyone!

Good morning!  I'm starting my first Whole30 today, as well.  I'm eating my first breakfast on the program - roasted in olive oil some cauliflower, red potatoes, red bell peppers and asparagus, and put two fried eggs cooked in ghee on top, with half a fresh avocado and sliced tomato.  Seems like a lot of food, so I can't imagine I'll be hungry before noon.

How is Day 1 going?  So far so good for me.  I just finished dinner, a nice piece of roast chicken, half a sweet potato and some kale salad.  Nothing fancy. I prepped my crockpot with chicken mole and put it in the frig.  That will cook tomorrow while I am out on a bike ride.  

We're not going anywhere this holiday weekend, so I will have the opportunity to do some W30 cooking (Sunday is probably going to be a rainy day anyway). I am going to make these salmon cakes over the next couple of days.  http://meljoulwan.com/2014/11/10/oven-fried-salmon-cakes/

We are going to a potluck picnic on Monday.  I will have to make sure I am prepared to feed myself; probably won't be able to eat most of the wonderful and delicious foods my friends will bring.   :huh:

• Moderators
On September 1, 2017 at 7:24 AM, pdxjen said:

Good morning!  I'm starting my first Whole30 today, as well.  I'm eating my first breakfast on the program - roasted in olive oil some cauliflower, red potatoes, red bell peppers and asparagus, and put two fried eggs cooked in ghee on top, with half a fresh avocado and sliced tomato.  Seems like a lot of food, so I can't imagine I'll be hungry before noon.

When eggs are your sole source of protein, it's as many as you can hold in one hand without dropping, so most people start at 3-4.  If you don't like to eat that many eggs, just go two eggs and a bit of leftover protein.  This was a couple days ago that you wrote this so I do wonder how you did that day and how it's going... :)  

Hey all.  How's everyone doing? Day 3 is almost over.  

I love this starting on a Friday thing....

I worked this weekend (I'm a nurse and work 12 hour shifts) and had food prepared and ready so it was easy to stay on track.  Tomorrow will be a big cooking day for me and maybe I'll make something special for Labor Day.  Special = time consuming.

Archived