Started 6 days ago...

jeggosh

..and I have procrastinated posting here til then.  I even procrastinated my start date by 2 days. I'll tell you all about my procrastination...later.

I'm tired. I wake up tired and I don't like that.  I'm the only one (wife and son) doing it so that makes things interesting, but I do pretty much all the cooking anyway so that's been fine.  I haven't wavered and have been to a family reunion and my family has a special affinity for pies. Last night I had band practice where there is a race to purchase the next round and I sipped my seltzer.  Tonight is Game Night at our house and our friends (and normally myself) love to have at least one adult beverage.  That'll be hard. we are having tacos so I can use lettuce wraps for that, so I should be good there. I make my own taco seasoning anyway so that's not an issue either.  I haven't had heart burn since I started which was a daily dosage of Zantac problem for me before.  That's nice.  Working out is definitely harder and I have a gout flare up which is pretty obnoxious and painful and kinda unavoidable from what I've been reading. 
I guess that's it for now.

I know I know, it was a great read.

• Moderators

Hang in there -- during the first week or so, people are often more tired than normal, and workouts can be harder than usual for a couple of weeks as your body becomes fat adapted. Be sure you're eating three meals a day that match the meal template, drink plenty of water (1/2 oz per pound of body weight, so a 120 lb person needs at least 60 oz), and salt your food to taste.

• Moderators
43 minutes ago, jeggosh said:

yeah that 3 meals a day stuff is not quite working for me.  I'm still snacking.  Not a lot but I am having a really hard time with it.  I also may have eaten all the eggs in Massachusetts.

Is each meal keeping you satisfied 4-5 hours? If not, work on increasing the size of meals -- keeping in mind the meal template is a minimum amount you should eat, it's okay to eat more if you need to. Be sure you're adding a serving or two of fat at each meal, and generally that should be in addition to any oil you've cooked the food in as often that stays in the pan and isn't actually consumed. If they are, and you just have longer between meal times, it's okay to eat. Your best option would be to have a combination of protein, fat, and vegetables, or at least two of the three, rather than just having some fruit or a handful of nuts. So you could have some leftovers, or a hard boiled egg with mayo, or an individual pack of olives or guacamole with some veggies.

Archived